The Sweet Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sweet Spot

INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Coccidia Treatment?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris R

Chris R

New Coccidia Treatment? Empty
PostSubject: New Coccidia Treatment?   New Coccidia Treatment? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:06 pm

One of my latest arrivals had a low load count of Coccidia upon arrival/vet check/fecal. Signs on this glider included, weight loss, cracked fur and loose (not diarrhea but if dropped from height it would have resembled a cow patty) light colored, slightly smelly stool.. Because it was such a low load count the vet and I decided to try a single shot of small animal Baytril to treat the Coccidia (Ive used Baytril in calves/lambs to treat enteritis which is normally either E.Coli or Coccidia caused, so this was not a pull outta my hat treatment LOL)...

I am happy to announce we just got our 2nd all clear fecal and my new guy is now heading in into my glider room!!!
Back to top Go down
Usha77
MENTOR
Usha77

New Coccidia Treatment? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Coccidia Treatment?   New Coccidia Treatment? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 5:42 pm

Thanks for sharing, Chris. So glad your little one is doing well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Usha77

New Coccidia Treatment?
Page 1 of 1