The Sweet Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sweet Spot

INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gannon, neck wound

Go down 
+14
sherri
Feather
Lynsie
thefotokat
cyndiekb
Cora
BCChins
valkyriemome
Usha77
USMom
mizvalorie
Something_To_Believe_In
GliderLove
queenduck
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
queenduck

queenduck

Gannon, neck wound - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gannon, neck wound   Gannon, neck wound - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 1:47 am

You know over the years we have all read some really far out crazy crazy story and thought... yeah right? This poster is lying, faking, exagerating, etc.

I have done that many times over the last 8 years.

Let me tell you all... I agree that my story sounds sedative crazy. But really it's true. I am not crazy.

I feel badly I didn't belive everyone else with crazy, far out, space ship crazy type stories now.

Maybe there were true too.

I have to get up for work in exactly 4 hours, I slept less than 4 hours last night, I just can't sleep.

Back to top Go down
Chris R

Chris R

PostSubject: Re: Gannon, neck wound   Gannon, neck wound - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 7:30 am

Alicia....You can always buy a live trap (about 25 bucks) and bait it with peanut butter etc and put it down there! The holes would be big enough for any glider to get out (except maybe an extra fluffy but you can just make sure to check it daily etc) of but not big enough for another possum to get out of. That possum was a juevy so it may still have been traveling with another from its litter as that is very common for them to pair up the first 6 months or so once leaving mom.....

Im so glad you found the reason..betcha that possum managed to get ahold of Bellamy through the cage bars to kill her but not get her through and the family just did what they do when a glider dies in the cage :(...possums are actually pretty good hunters when they dont have a carcass to scavenge from...

Gannon, neck wound - Page 3 798356
Back to top Go down
BindiAndScrubbie

BindiAndScrubbie

PostSubject: Re: Gannon, neck wound   Gannon, neck wound - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 10:23 am

Oh....my-Gosh! I mean, OMG!
That is stunning-shocking! Now it makes sense. Yep, I think poor Gannon got a little nail through the bars. That opossum was probably super hungry and lurking for food. WOW!

Val...Alicia has picture proof. Gannon, neck wound - Page 3 22139
Back to top Go down
http://SpoiledRottenSuggies.com
cyndiekb

cyndiekb

PostSubject: Re: Gannon, neck wound   Gannon, neck wound - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 3:05 am

QD I have a gun for those. I have killed 5 so far. 3 were eating my chickens. To think just how bad this could have been for you, your kids, and the pets..ugg. We had a sick one cross the field about 2 weeks ago. Well He met me at the gate and I took care of that. Nothing but nothing is gonna run around here and hurt my pets or family.

On a side note. The cats have been doing great keeping the mice away BUT we had a RATZILLA. My gliders were barking and crabbing and I kept telling my mom I must have a mouse in my room. Everyone has been leaving the front door open and the cat was in the house 2 different times. I set my mouse trap in the closet. When I heard it snap I got up to see if I got my mouse. I rip open the door and they shaking its head is a rat the size of my cat. (almost) I grab the 22 and can't find anymore shorts for it. I didn't want to shoot a hole in the floor so I hit said rat with but of gun several times. My gliders seem much happier now. Me I sleep with 1 eye open!

The lose of Bellamy well that made me cry. I know how much you have to be hurting. HUGS. Take time to love the furkids. They are sleeping with one eye open too.
Back to top Go down
queenduck

queenduck

PostSubject: Re: Gannon, neck wound   Gannon, neck wound - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 7:59 am

Update, no more possums as far as I can tell. Last night my glider room was quiet for a change. I forgot how quiet they can be and I was beginning to get used to all the fussing and fighting noises. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten up and gone down there over the past few weeks... to find nothing by all the little eyes looking at me. Little did I know there was another set of eyes I should have been looking for.

I feel so bad for all of them, being stocked every night, Gannon's injury and watching their young be killed. I feel like we have all been violated.

I did a search and found quite a lot of signs, my sewing room which has been unsed by me for months... possum pooh in a corner, bag of pecans I forgot I had gotten from Trigger's mom have been eaten. I am just sick over this whole thing.

Everytime I thought I heard something, thought I saw something... there was something.

I still have two very upset cages of gliders, the girls esp. are moody and crabby. I know it will take time for them to calm.

I just keep telling myself it could have been worse but that doesn't take away from what was lost.
Back to top Go down
Goldwinger

Goldwinger

PostSubject: Re: Gannon, neck wound   Gannon, neck wound - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 8:59 am

It never will take away from what you and those gliders lost but just keep telling yourself that it could have been so much worse. Time heals things and it will for you and your babies. I'm so relieved that you finally found what was causing all of this to happen.

That picture you posted scared me to death. Those teeth and that look, as the saying goes "If looks could kill" were true there.

My prayers are with you for speedy emotional and physical healing for you and your babies. You really stayed strong through all of this.
Back to top Go down
Cora

PostSubject: Re: Gannon, neck wound   Gannon, neck wound - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:07 pm

I still cannot beleive it! But the pics prove it! I know you are feeling like a bad suggie mommy but you are not. I know we feel like we have to protect our gliders no matter what! We do it to the best of our abilities. Your gliders will soon forget and it will get back to some degree of normalcy. Yes the loss is tremendous and as you said it could have been so much worse. I too would feel so very violated. I might have had possum soup! But probably not, LOL many (((((HUGS)))) and well wishes for you and your gliders.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/angelfish_37/index.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gannon, neck wound   Gannon, neck wound - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gannon, neck wound
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3