The Sweet Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sweet Spot

INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did you treat your gliders to a special Dinner

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BCChins
Associate
BCChins

Did you treat your gliders to a special Dinner  Empty
PostSubject: Did you treat your gliders to a special Dinner    Did you treat your gliders to a special Dinner  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 8:21 am

My gliders had celery stuffed with The Pet Glider diet extra chicken added This is not their normal staple so it was a treat, a variety of veggies, cranberry sauce, orange wedges, and a special made for them coconut custard Pie.
Back to top Go down
Usha77
MENTOR
Usha77

PostSubject: Re: Did you treat your gliders to a special Dinner    Did you treat your gliders to a special Dinner  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 9:07 am

Mine just got their usual fruits and veggies, but they got turkey instead of their staple. Oh boy, did they enjoy that! As soon as they got up, they all went to town on the turkey and all you could hear in the glider room for quite a while was, "nom nom nom nom".
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Usha77
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Did you treat your gliders to a special Dinner    Did you treat your gliders to a special Dinner  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 10:00 am

My gliders were served turkey, cranberry salad (a special one I make every year for them), mashed potatoes, fruit smoothie, sweet potato, tossed salad, sugar snap peas, broccoli slaw and pecans.
Back to top Go down
http://gliderpals.weebly.com/
Bluebonnet SG

Bluebonnet SG

PostSubject: Re: Did you treat your gliders to a special Dinner    Did you treat your gliders to a special Dinner  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 10:59 pm

Yummy Val! I want some of their dinner ;)
Back to top Go down
USMom
Associate
USMom

PostSubject: Re: Did you treat your gliders to a special Dinner    Did you treat your gliders to a special Dinner  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 12:14 am

My guys got their normal dinner, but instead of their staple, I bought extra gizzards and boiled them for the babies. And the neck bones, after I stripped most of the meat off, I gave them those, too. I have a ton of gizzards still, and some pumpkin and mashed sweet potato, along with some fresh green beans and a few other things that I am going to use to make a batch of "cookies" with for all the babies. So no real Thanksgiving treats, but treats, none-the-less.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marykay.com/shawnagrupe
BCChins
Associate
BCChins

PostSubject: Re: Did you treat your gliders to a special Dinner    Did you treat your gliders to a special Dinner  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 6:51 am

USMom wrote:
 And the neck bones, after I stripped most of the meat off, I gave them those, too.  
Do they eat the neck bones or just clean the rest of the meat off? So I would just boil them and give the a piece of it and let the go to town?
Back to top Go down
Usha77
MENTOR
Usha77

PostSubject: Re: Did you treat your gliders to a special Dinner    Did you treat your gliders to a special Dinner  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 9:49 am

Brenda, that's about it. The one year I broke the necks up for mine, they cleaned the heck out of them and I was left with a bunch of little clean, white neck bones I wanted to make a necklace or something with them. It was so cool.
Back to top Go down
USMom
Associate
USMom

PostSubject: Re: Did you treat your gliders to a special Dinner    Did you treat your gliders to a special Dinner  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 3:19 pm

Exactly. I always think I clean them pretty good, and I'm WRONG! They never eat the bones. There was nothing left of the gizzards. Nothing.
Back to top Go down
Bluebonnet SG

Bluebonnet SG

PostSubject: Re: Did you treat your gliders to a special Dinner    Did you treat your gliders to a special Dinner  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 3:48 pm

I might have to try gizzards and a turkey neckbone for the babies for Christmas... Yall give me great ideas!!!
Back to top Go down
Usha77
MENTOR
Usha77

PostSubject: Re: Did you treat your gliders to a special Dinner    Did you treat your gliders to a special Dinner  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 8:03 pm

I feel bad that I threw all that stuff away this year. Perhaps I can go to a butcher and see if I can get a few of each for cheap to make up for being squeamish and not wanting to cook them myself. The time I gave mine the necks, my mom had two turkeys she cooked and she cooked the necks specifically for her grandgliders.
Back to top Go down
USMom
Associate
USMom

PostSubject: Re: Did you treat your gliders to a special Dinner    Did you treat your gliders to a special Dinner  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 2:14 am

I also made dog treats from this link Dog Treats, but added finely chopped (from the Ninja) gizzards to the recipe.  I did not use a cookie cutter, I just used a pizza cutter and did rectangles.  I made some small ones out of the irregular shaped pieces for the gliders.  Tonight is test night.  So far they are a hit with the doggies!  Because of the meat I've added, I am storing them in the fridge, but otherwise, I think they can be stored in the pantry.  They were very easy to make, and are much less expensive than the ones I buy.
I think these could be used as bribery snacks for the gliders, maybe dip in yogurt, or honey, and mom hold one end and give to glider. There are all kinds of dry ingredients you could add in, to customize them for yourselves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you treat your gliders to a special Dinner    Did you treat your gliders to a special Dinner  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did you treat your gliders to a special Dinner
Page 1 of 1