The Sweet Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sweet Spot

INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911

Go down 
+12
Cora
SugarShock
thefotokat
pockietprincess
bjve
BCChins
DCMuffin
Critter Hill
kyro298
BindiAndScrubbie
Sugawhit
Something_To_Believe_In
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 Empty
PostSubject: Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911   Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 10:10 pm

Lauren is a teen who has been banned from numerous sites for multiple and repeated offenses including, but NOT LIMITED TO:

* Attempting to use community member names as references in order to obtain more gliders.

* Selling of rescues

* Attempted brokering despite lacking a license to do so

* Multiple and repeated mistreatment of gliders, especially rescues. Including withholding medical care, trading gliders multiple times with a "friend", failing to follow appropriate and safe quarantine and introduction protocols, offering to trade gliders for other items, treating gliders like cash cows and discarding them when they do not bring the price she desires, and on and on and on and on

* Attempts to get the community to railroad gliders or trade gliders for her, since she does not possess the ability to transport herself or her gliders anywhere - including to a vet

* Caught in multiple lies on multiple forums

* Re-registering on forums under alias names in an attempt to fool administration and get assistance for her schemes.

* Recently posted that she suffers from multiple and serious mental illnesses in an attempt to gain sympathy. If 1/2 of the diagnosis listed are true, she needs to be hospitalized, tested and medicated. She certainly does not need to be the primary caregiver for any other living thing.

* Has very little supervision from her parent. Claims to be traveling overseas to visit birth family.

* Appears to be collecting many different animals, and continuously requests community support to get them to her or to trade them as well.

* Has been offered help many times, has even offered a public and written apology, but continues to engage in lies, deceit, manipulation and mistreatment of the animals in her care.

* Can be argumentative and defensive when confronted.

* Attempts to misuse a forum set up and posting guidelines for personal gain.

* Repeatedly posts in one thread that she is no longer breeding, but then moments later will list joeys for sale.

* Seems to have a never-ending supply of "friends" that "need" gliders, need to give up gliders, have engaged in poor behavior that "Lauren is trying to help with" or that are breeding and asking Lauren to sell the joeys.

* Can and will give appropriate advice to "newbies" on the only chat forum that will not ban her, but then openly posts her involvement in the above mentioned behaviors.

This child needs guidance to properly care for her gliders, but she does not need to take in any more animals. Should she sign up here, her privileges will be limited. Community members should exercise extreme caution in any interaction with Lauren.

Should any of this behavior, or any other questionable behavior, occur on THIS site, I ask that members contact a member of the leadership team immediately. These behaviors will not be tolerated on this site.
Back to top Go down
http://gliderpals.weebly.com/
Sugawhit

Sugawhit

PostSubject: Re: Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911   Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 11:28 pm

Should also ad-
Invites herself to anyones house on a whim with a bag full of gliders in the Florida heat!
Back to top Go down
BindiAndScrubbie

BindiAndScrubbie

PostSubject: Re: Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911   Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 12:24 am

Sugawhit wrote:
Should also ad-
Invites herself to anyones house on a whim with a bag full of gliders in the Florida heat!

Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 907329 You would know this wouldn't you! Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 907329
Back to top Go down
http://SpoiledRottenSuggies.com
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911   Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 9:48 am

Several people have pointed out to me that it might be time to remind our members of this warning.

It would seem that Lauren is very active on several boards now, and is still (a year or so later) "getting out of breeding" (which I find interesting, as it only takes the time of one neuter to "get out of breeeding" around here) .

She is also bringing in more gliders while rehoming others, and randomly contacting people on facebook for a variety of reasons.

Here is a thread on LGG (one of a few) that detail what this little one has been up to lately.
http://lauriesglidergazette.forumotion.com/t8412-sugar-shock-wild-n-free-forever-a-agent

Last edited by Something_To_Believe_In on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kyro298
Associate
kyro298

PostSubject: Re: Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911   Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 4:29 pm

She is doing some serious spamming on Facebook and GG at this point. I think people are finally getting fed up...again.

http://www.sugarglider.com/glidergossip/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=33780
Back to top Go down
http://www.StageItRedesignIt.com
Critter Hill
Associate

PostSubject: Re: Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911   Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 4:46 pm

I deleted her spam and banned her from my store facebook page! Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 906752
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesugargliderstore.com
kyro298
Associate
kyro298

PostSubject: Re: Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911   Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 2:47 am

She's officially banned from GG again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.StageItRedesignIt.com
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911   Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 7:32 am

It is a shame that she just keeps repeating the same thing over and over again no matter how many times it doesn't work out for her. Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 824604
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911   Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:15 am

It has been less than one year and we see a huge controversy surrounding Lauren pop up again.

This time, there is a warning on GC.
http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1226753/animalsanctuary_sugarshock_sug#Post1226753

Here is just one small quote from Lauren (which illustrates her character):
Quote :
I thought that since Deagol was coming home at the beginning of February, originally, I could collect "early deposits" from people to be put on a waiting list for his babies - and it would help to pay what I still owed Megan at that point. I did not realize the extent of the mistake I was making when I did this, much less, that it could be months before I actually had babies - I made a huge mistake, and I am now living with the consequences of it, as I owe money I do not have. I do admit claiming that Megan's PayPal address belonged to me, and I did this to try and cover up the lies I had already told, my boyfriend was uncomfortable having any more money sent to his actual PayPal and I panicked, so I was having people send money to her PayPal and stating it belonged to us - another huge mistake that I didn't really think through. I admit to lying, but I realize the mistakes I have made and am making a desperate attempt to pay everyone back because I really do feel terrible for what I had done.

Despite repeately stating she is "getting out of breeding" she very clearly is not. She remains a child in need of supervision and of a strong influence upon her character development.

Continue to take caution if dealing with Lauren.
Back to top Go down
DCMuffin
MENTOR
DCMuffin

PostSubject: Re: Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911   Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:55 am

It was only a matter of time - we knew it would happen. It's sad and I hate to see good people get hurt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jumpinmonkey.webs.com
BCChins
Associate
BCChins

PostSubject: Re: Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911   Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:53 am

Someone needs a good butt whoopin. Grow up people.
Back to top Go down
bjve
Associate
bjve

PostSubject: Re: Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911   Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:37 am

I spent alot of time trying to mentor Lauren and help to keep her on an honest path. I believe I was a good friend to her & stood up for her and her ability/desire to change. As I told her in what I called "My Final Message", everything has been lies. I have no idea who she really is, and we texted almost daily for close to a year. I don't give up easily - but I saw the lies first hand, and more are popping up daily. <sigh> I give up. I am removing her from my Facebook and am finally done. Hard to believe a 17 year old can make me feel so betrayed. I truly believe she needs counseling. I'd give partial credit to her home life, but I have no idea if any of that story was true, either. I do feel bad for those gliders she was rescuing & giving a forever home. Now she is getting a blind leu whose owner was going to euthanize him....or is she really???? Who knows.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.highglass.com
DCMuffin
MENTOR
DCMuffin

PostSubject: Re: Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911   Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:45 pm

I only hope that those others that have been standing up for her and trying to convince us she's a changed person take a step back and stop enabling the behavior, as well. The less attention she gets, the better off we'll all be.
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911   Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:49 pm

Lauren remains a member here on TSS. She will continue to have this privilege as long as she does not try to run any of her scams, projects or schemes here.

TSS staff requests that if anyone is approached by Lauren here on TSS with ANY business related to the sale or adoption of any animals or products, please alert a staff member immediately. Lauren is NOT allowed to conduct any business here on TSS.

Contrary to some stating that Lauren has been "run off" from the community, Lauren has always had the option of being a member here on TSS. I have been very honest with her in each of my private/personal communications with her that I do not trust her and that she is being watched very closely here. I will now periodically be monitoring her PM's. If any business is found to be conducted here on TSS, her PM privileges will be removed.

She will continue to be able to interact here in general threads and to be an active member of TSS so long as she remains respectful and follows the rules of posting here. Should her membership be removed, she will continue to have access to all the medical information, as does anyone and everyone. Lauren knew there would be consequences to her actions. She, once again, made her own bed.
Back to top Go down
pockietprincess

PostSubject: Re: Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911   Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 6:29 pm

Lauren is still trying to acquire gliders. This time it is a non-neutered BLIND male leu. He is currently with Heather Barr whom was supposed to be railroading him to her.

http://www.thepetglider.com/pedigree/modules/animal/dog.php?id=16131
Back to top Go down
pockietprincess

PostSubject: Re: Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911   Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 7:03 pm

Quote :
Rub-A-Dub-Dub, Storm's In The Tub!
This is Storm's first week with us, and we continue to learn more about what this little boy is capable of each day. Currently, Storm is still being fostered by my friend Heather and he is on the LGRS Suggie Soup diet (he will be switched to HPW Plus once he comes home with me). We are very pleased to announce that he has been finishing his dinner each evening and has even begun to investigate his toys and his wheel. At first, he wasn't exactly sure what to make of the wheel and would run around on the outside of it and leap off once he got it going... But now he's really starting to master it! This little man has surprised us all with his willingness to learn and his desire to spend time with us. I guess he has realized that Heather has other Gliders in the house, as they have been barking back and forth every night. I can't wait to get Storm neutered so that we will be able to begin introductions to my colony... He's going to have a lot of really sweet, new friends to play with!

Storm's breeder told us that Storm has not always been blind. She claims that he had full vision when he first came out of pouch, but since, it has started to deteriorate. The breeder had been out of town and left the housekeepers to care for the Gliders. When the breeder returned home, she claims that this is when she noticed the "white spots" in his eyes - Storm was 1.5 months out of pouch at this point in time. The breeder stated that, "the housekeepers love to feed the Gliders mealworms, and after talking with Val and Kate we believe that his sudden blindness was caused by an accidental jump in protein from the mealworms." However, after meeting Storm and seeing his eyes in person, I believe he has always been blind - the "white spots" do not appear as a film over the pupil, as with most blind Gliders. Instead, as mentioned in previous posts, the "white spots" in fact appear to be the pupils themselves. They adjust to light and dark by expanding and shrinking, however, Storm does not react any differently whether it is light or dark. I don't believe he can tell the difference, as some days we won't find him asleep until well after noon. We will be investigating the issues with his eyes further when he goes in to be neutered.

Unfortunately, we have realized that Storm is unable to groom himself, so he constantly appears "unkept." Heather gave him his first bath last night, and he loved it. Until Storm has friends that are able to help with grooming, he will have to be bathed fairly regularly. Thankfully, he doesn't mind much and he loves the attention! Here are a couple of super cute pictures from bath time! Heather was trying to get a couple of really pretty Valentine's Day pictures for me, but as you can see, Storm wasn't willing to cooperate! He'd much rather spend his time investigating his surroundings and getting into whatever he is able! He's a very curious little boy. He uses his teeth to "feel" his surroundings - it only takes him a few seconds to leap from one side of the cage to the other. :-) Without further ado, here are Storm's bath time pictures, and a few extra thrown in just because he's so darn cute!

That is from her website
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911   Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 8:06 pm

Heather has quite a history herself, I hear. I guess she must be one of the BEST friends. Rolling Eyes

I gotta say, I would be surprised, really SURPRISED if this breeder sold this glider to Lauren. But, hey, then I realized from the data that I have that this was just another of Lauren's scams. She lied and scammed to get this glider. I'm sure of it. I will gladly eat my words and apologize publicly if I am wrong.
Back to top Go down
bjve
Associate
bjve

PostSubject: Re: Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911   Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 8:53 pm

I was told that she was giving him to Lauren (altho she did not know at the time that Lauren was someone she actually knew and disliked) on the condition that no one finds out that she had a blind glider. She was afraid that it would hurt her reputation as a breeder. That's what I was told, anyway. I'm sure I wasn't told the entire - or true - story.

I did see that the two gliders she bought from a guy at the mall - Romeo and Juliet - and was going to give a forever home, are now up for sale, as are the joeys that are/were IP. I thought it was a hefty price for the babies....but what do I know. I really do try not to say much as I am still angry at how much I was deceived and lied to over the past year.
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911   Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:24 pm

Just to set the record straight - not that it really needs to be said, but if you happen to believe a little of what Lauren says ---

I never spoke with Lauren about this glider. Kate and I did have a conversation with the breeder when this glider was young. We NEVER came to the conclusion that this was because of overfeeding of mealworms (as Kate and I both know that mealworms are not a significant source of protein). In fact, we both recommended that the glider be taken to a vet and we recommended that she consult a veterinary opthamologist.

Neither Kate nor I ever refused to have this glider come to our homes. He is still welcome here.

I have never communicated with either Lauren or Heather about this glider.
Back to top Go down
thefotokat

thefotokat

PostSubject: Re: Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911   Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:34 pm

I just told the breeder about this. Lauren did lie to her. She didn't know the glider was going to Lauren.

Lauren is very good at deceiving folks. She's been at it for a long time. It's not a matter of the breeder "not liking" her. It's a matter of the breeder wanting the best for this glider.

Back to top Go down
http://site.southeastsugargliders.org/
bjve
Associate
bjve

PostSubject: Re: Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911   Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:42 pm

Lauren is who told me that the breeder disliked her, no one else.
Back to top Go down
thefotokat

thefotokat

PostSubject: Re: Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911   Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:46 pm

That would be Lauren trying to garner sympathy. That's why I say it's has nothing to do with "liking" or "not liking". It's only about what's best for this little glider.
Back to top Go down
http://site.southeastsugargliders.org/
bjve
Associate
bjve

PostSubject: Re: Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911   Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 10:28 pm

Oh....gotcha....that makes sense!
Back to top Go down
DCMuffin
MENTOR
DCMuffin

PostSubject: Re: Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911   Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 10:13 am

She'll eek sympathy any way she can. If you even let your guard down for an instant, she'll pounce on it.

Back to top Go down
bjve
Associate
bjve

PostSubject: Re: Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911   Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 10:25 am

If this is what she's like at 17, I can only imagine what she'll be like when she's older. I am surprised she didn't get turned into the authorities for the scamming since it involved taking money. I often wonder if her parents have any idea, and if they found out, what would they do? If they don't know, someone should tell them. If I was someone she took money from, you can bet she would be reported to the authorities and her parents would know about it. I would press charges.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911   Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lauren/ Sugar Shock/ Wild N Free/ SugarShock911
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next