The Sweet Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sweet Spot

INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

my first question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rocat

my first question  Empty
PostSubject: my first question    my first question  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 4:21 pm

I read somewhere in the food topics that somebody (can't remember who) gives chicken wings to keep up some variety..last night i brought home wings, washed good, cut off the tips and trashed them, cut the other 2 pieces apart, they are now baking. I will remove the skin before I feed and freeze them...now for the question..the bigger piece of the 2 (the little leg) is kinda big, so how many pieces should I put per glider ?
Back to top Go down
BindiAndScrubbie

BindiAndScrubbie

my first question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: my first question    my first question  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:30 pm

As long as there are no spices on them, I'd say just let em have at it, one each. I only give chicken wings as a very 'every so often treat' thing. I stick with their staple diet every day, though I try to make it as diverse as possible with the fruits and veggies. This is just what I do. ;)
Back to top Go down
http://SpoiledRottenSuggies.com
rocat

my first question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: my first question    my first question  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 11:06 pm

That would be a once in a blue moon treat. They are very greasy. Think I am going to get some more and boil them and then feed those to the babies. There is alot of fat on the wings and I couldn't get it all off. I boiled them some eggs too. I bet that is going to be funny when they get them. :)
Back to top Go down
USMom
Associate
USMom

my first question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: my first question    my first question  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 6:41 pm

Cathy, I'm the one who posted about the chicken wings. I don't remove the fat or anything. I just cook them, seperate them at the joints and give 1 section per glider. They go NUTS over them. They get it something like 8 times a year, so not very often. Yes, they're greasy and fatty, but the babies love them, and I don't think it hurts them to have some on very rare occasions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marykay.com/shawnagrupe
Sponsored content

my first question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: my first question    my first question  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my first question
Page 1 of 1