The Sweet Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sweet Spot

INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What I learned at the RRRoundup

Go down 
+2
sugeebaby
Something_To_Believe_In
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

What I learned at the RRRoundup Empty
PostSubject: What I learned at the RRRoundup   What I learned at the RRRoundup Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:50 pm

I always like it after gatherings when everyone shares what they learned. After all, we should be sharing these things with everyone if we are going to help gliders.

So, I'll share

I learned that Quickderm is a more impressive product that I originally thought. And, it is created by someone willing to put his money where his mouth is. I never knew there was a 100% money back guarantee!

I learned some new items to use on toys and some different methods for putting toys together. I love to see how other people do things.

I learned that I still have a lot of sadness in my heart for a few of the losses I have experienced in the last few years. I guess sometimes we hurt deeper than we could imagine. I do get over every one, but I am never the same.

The following are life lessons I learned from the much more wise and street knowledgeable peeps than I who attended the RRRoundup:

* There are people who want only bad things to befall you - just because they themselves are miserable and they don't want anyone else to be happy. It really isn't about you so much as them

* You can rent things I never EVER imagined looking for on CraigsList

* That trail of peanuts was pretty useless

* There are never enough brownies

* I will never again stay in room 420

* Dinosaurs, aliens, water and poop - these are the things that make the world go round

* Just add water

Overall, I would say I am a better glider owner and a much more knowledgeable person just for having attended the RRRoundup.
Back to top Go down
http://gliderpals.weebly.com/
sugeebaby
MENTOR
sugeebaby

PostSubject: Re: What I learned at the RRRoundup   What I learned at the RRRoundup Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:10 am

I learned

*the proper way to send a dead glider to Val.

* Quick Derm is awesome and there are so many things you can do with it. Mickal and his company are great. they have the passion to make Quick derm succeed.

*Don't mess with Val and her golf club and baseball bat.

I think I am a more informed glider owner after the RRRoundup

Back to top Go down
http://www.thepamperedglider.com
calamityannie

calamityannie

PostSubject: Re: What I learned at the RRRoundup   What I learned at the RRRoundup Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 4:18 pm

I learned so many things-

* I learned about Quickderm and how useful it is. Also talking to Mikel I actually understood a little more about wounds and how they heal which was very useful considering beyond the gliders I have 7 cats who seem to have a knack for injuring themselves.

* I learned some of the things that I stress about in relation to glider care are really more normal than I thought and that my first reaction does not have to be to freak out. I feel more confident that I really am a good glider mommy.

* I learned if I am freaking out, Val is only a "voice of reason" phone call away.

* I learned that there are REAL people behind the screen names and avatars online. Nice people, human people, normal people with feelings like everyone else and that we all should stop and remember that when dealing with each other.

* Necropsies are important. Hard and sad for all of us but also important for all of us too.

I also learned........ What I learned at the RRRoundup 763206

*I need to get Val to hook me up with her alien peeps. Free dental care is hard to come by ya know??

*Always have your camera phone ready for chance road sightings.

* How not to pronounce cloaca and patagium.

* Jesus loves everyone..even if you B & E!!

* No matter that they are useless in other situations...peanuts are still good to eat.

* I should be suspicious if my husband wants to put up track lighting.

and last but not least that I can't wait for next year and another RRRoundup!! What I learned at the RRRoundup 583745
Back to top Go down
Spoonfulofsugars

Spoonfulofsugars

PostSubject: Re: What I learned at the RRRoundup   What I learned at the RRRoundup Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:18 pm

What I learned -

- I should never be without quickderm....

- poop is important....

- necropsy's are more important...

- dinosaurs (and aliens) DO exist....

- Val's mom is the best!

- measuring out every single ingredient down to the last pea isn't always necessary...

- I'm flying to the next RRRound up!!!

- Val's heart is about the size of Texas (maybe bigger)

-there are some really cool people behind all of those forum names, several who I got to know and like a lot over a very short time ...

and last... I should NEVER eat fried pickles and jalapeno's

Val you did a fantastic job!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.glidersandgear.com
Usha77
MENTOR
Usha77

PostSubject: Re: What I learned at the RRRoundup   What I learned at the RRRoundup Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 10:10 pm

I learned how amazing quickderm is and just how & why it works and why I need to buy a ton so I can use it on my face!

I know how important the SUGAR Group surveys and studies are, but I hope more people learned why they are.

I learned how to pack up a glider to ship for necropsy - it's actually a lot easier than I had imagined, but I still hope I never have to do it.

I learned that Karen Milas has GREAT taste in TV shows.

I learned that a lot of people don't know why room # 420 was funny.

I learned that Chik-fil-A has awesome chicken!

I learned how to clean poop of food and paper plate particles.

I learned that Texas Nice outshines Minnesota Nice all the time except at 12:30am in the Amarillo Wal Mart...never shopping there again!! I also learned that you cannot buy beer in Wal Mart after midnight.

I know there's so much more that I learned, but I'm still recovering from the trip!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Usha77
WintersSong

WintersSong

PostSubject: Re: What I learned at the RRRoundup   What I learned at the RRRoundup Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 10:34 pm

- That a day in Val's life is busy, and that she is truly a fantastic person.
- That Jackie Chan is the fastest glider EVER. And a ladies man.
- That diet doesn't need to be rocket science.
- That just because someone does something different doesn't mean they're wrong -- certain things work for certain people.
- That a lot of work goes into pulling off a gathering.. Val, I don't know how you did it, but it was a blast -- I want to come back!
- That Val's mommy is fantastic.
- That quickderm will never go bad! Stock up-- it'll last forever according to "the quickderm guy".
- That necropsies are really, really important.
- That water is the best thing.
- That the people on the forums are... people. And the ones at the Roundup were pretty fantastic. I wish I wasn't all sick and sniffly the whole time, but I really had a blast getting to know everyone.
- Fried pickles are yummy, even though regular pickles are not.
- That I have been saying cloaca wrong (I say it just like Jen does).
- That making a toy with parts that don't match is frustrating and exhausting.
- That chocolate wine is not as good as it sounds.
- That baby Blaze is perhaps the cutest baby in the world -- and a really cuddly sleeper. (I was sooo happy when he fell asleep on me!)
- That I need to pack hiking gear when I go places with Celeste!
- That I-Hop has really good food - I'd never been before, but yum!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I learned at the RRRoundup   What I learned at the RRRoundup Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What I learned at the RRRoundup
Page 1 of 1