The Sweet Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sweet Spot

INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth.

Go down 
+2
Something_To_Believe_In
Usha77
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BindiAndScrubbie

BindiAndScrubbie

Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth.   Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:29 am

YAY! Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth. - Page 2 367
Back to top Go down
http://SpoiledRottenSuggies.com
Usha77
MENTOR
Usha77

PostSubject: Re: Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth.   Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:25 pm

Thank you!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Usha77
Usha77
MENTOR
Usha77

PostSubject: Re: Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth.   Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:01 pm

There is now nothing sticking out of his mouth - but he wouldn't let me see his tongue yet - so I don't know what it looks like. However, he is now back with his girls!
Back to top Go down
Goldwinger

Goldwinger

PostSubject: Re: Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth.   Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 9:47 pm

Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth. - Page 2 367 Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth. - Page 2 24870 Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth. - Page 2 603917

Yea! I'm so happy for you and Eugene. You have to tell us what you see if he lets you look in his mouth. Whether his tongue tip fell off or not. I bet they were all happy to see one another and I know you feel relieved at his progress and good health ckeck-ups from all this.

They all still need our prayers for a continued recovery so I'm still praying. Good Luck! Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth. - Page 2 262775
Back to top Go down
Usha77
MENTOR
Usha77

PostSubject: Re: Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth.   Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:19 pm

So far so good! Very Happy I'll try to look in his mouth again tonight...lol!
Back to top Go down
Goldwinger

Goldwinger

PostSubject: Re: Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth.   Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:24 am

How is Eugene doing today? Have you left for the Roundup? Sending prayers for a safe journey and for Eugene's continued recovery.

Anita
Back to top Go down
Usha77
MENTOR
Usha77

PostSubject: Re: Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth.   Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:07 am

Thank you, Anita!! We're leaving in about 9 hours. I have to get up an hour or so before that to get the "kids" packed up - didn't want them to be without their toys and wheels tonight! Eugene is doing very well - like nothing was wrong. The little bugger still hasn't let me get a good look at his tongue yet, though.
Back to top Go down
Chris R

Chris R

PostSubject: Re: Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth.   Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 6:24 am

Tease the "lil bugger" with a mealie or a licky treat to get that tongue out.

Im thrilled he is doing so well though!

And I am entirely jealous that you get to go to the gathering!! <off to my little corner to pout>...

Make sure you wave as you pass by...Because your gonna be within shouting distance of my house...Im only 40 minutes from Cameron Mo and 1 hr 20 minutes from St Joe......
Back to top Go down
Usha77
MENTOR
Usha77

PostSubject: Re: Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth.   Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:44 pm

Lol! I'll try that.

I actually went 169 to 60 to 75 to 680 to 80 to 81...so I don't know if I was anywhere near you.
Back to top Go down
Goldwinger

Goldwinger

PostSubject: Re: Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth.   Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:35 pm

Did Eugene and you and all the babies make the trip okay? Are you there yet? Please let us know what Dr. Walsh has to say anout Eugene and how all the babies do. I'm so excited for you and jealous myself. I can't wait until I get to go to one. Be Safe.
Back to top Go down
Usha77
MENTOR
Usha77

PostSubject: Re: Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth.   Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:45 pm

Will do! We're in Kansas now and heading to Val's tomorrow. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Goldwinger

Goldwinger

PostSubject: Re: Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth.   Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 11:09 pm

Brenda.....How is Eugene doing? Did he see Dr. Walsh.?

UPDATE!
Back to top Go down
Usha77
MENTOR
Usha77

PostSubject: Re: Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth.   Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:25 pm

He did see Dr. Walsh. He is doing great! He lost 12 grams during that time - so he's down to 68g - but I hope he gains it back quickly. We were able to see his tongue and could still see where it was bitten but it was all there and all of it was a healthy light pink! Sunday night, we think we figured out how it happened. Toni (desertmommy) was giving them yoggies and she watched as Poppy was trying to take a yoggie out of Eugene's mouth with her teeth quite aggressively!
Back to top Go down
Goldwinger

Goldwinger

PostSubject: Re: Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth.   Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 7:34 pm

Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth. - Page 2 367

Yea! Eugene is better. Thank you for the update.

Now that makes alot of sense as to what may have started this to begin with. I have to be really careful with two of my gliders. If I don't give them their treat first they always forcefully take the treat from another glider. If it's something they particularly like alot they will fight over it. Sometimes I have to have a treat in each hand and give it at the exact same time. Little buggers.
Back to top Go down
Goldwinger

Goldwinger

PostSubject: Re: Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth.   Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 2:25 am

Hi Brenda, Is Eugene still doing well and everything good. How's his weight? Has he gotten his weight back up? Just wondering how he was doing.
Back to top Go down
Usha77
MENTOR
Usha77

PostSubject: Re: Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth.   Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 2:27 am

Yep, he's doing great! He's almost all the way back up to 80 grams. Very Happy It's like nothing ever happened...lol! He's so happy to be with his girls. Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth. - Page 2 890490 Thank you for asking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth.   Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swollen Tongue - protruding from closed mouth.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2