The Sweet Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sweet Spot

INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This is Hereditary Peridontal Disease

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cora

This is Hereditary Peridontal Disease Empty
PostSubject: This is Hereditary Peridontal Disease   This is Hereditary Peridontal Disease Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:47 pm

My vet says "I think its genetic" Yep, I been thinking that for awhile. Rocko and Roxy had 5 offspring, Sugar, Meeko, Nash, Holly, and Morocco. Holly died a little over a year old of kidney disease. Morocco was her twin and died at about a year old of unknown causes. Her owner found him dead and did not get a necropsy. Sugar had one infection after another. when she contracted MRSA from so many different antibiotics that her immune system got used to the antibiotics and too immunosuppressed to fight it off, Dr Reese removed his first set of incisors. Rocko has had a hole under his chin on and off and it bleeds easily for a few years now but it doesnt keep him from eating or anything , except mealworms and some foods,I should have done it a long time ago for him. awhile back Nash developed a lot of brownish drainage from a new hole under his chin I started him on baytril and had his incisors removed, no more drainage and no more hole so I knew what must be done with Rocko. Meeko also developed a hole under his chin and had some brownish drainage under his chin and on his neck so I knew what he needed as well, thanks to an angel they both got what they needed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/angelfish_37/index.htm

This is Hereditary Peridontal Disease
Page 1 of 1