The Sweet Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sweet Spot

INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Two weeks of Val's Diet

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BCChins
Associate
BCChins

Two weeks of Val's Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two weeks of Val's Diet   Two weeks of Val's Diet Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 8:16 am

Two weeks of Val's Diet 758882 Val just needs to write down everything she feeds for 2 weeks or a month so we can copy her and all feel comfortable in what we feed.
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Two weeks of Val's Diet   Two weeks of Val's Diet Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 9:05 am

BCChins wrote:
Two weeks of Val's Diet 758882 Val just needs to write down everything she feeds for 2 weeks or a month so we can copy her and all feel comfortable in what we feed.

I could do that. Two weeks of Val's Diet 93629
I do post regularly in the "what's for dinner" thread. But I can keep a diary for a few weeks and share it with you. Two weeks of Val's Diet 288672
Back to top Go down
http://gliderpals.weebly.com/
BCChins
Associate
BCChins

PostSubject: Re: Two weeks of Val's Diet   Two weeks of Val's Diet Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 2:44 pm

I Luvs me some Val Two weeks of Val's Diet 503841
Back to top Go down
bjve
Associate
bjve

PostSubject: Re: Two weeks of Val's Diet   Two weeks of Val's Diet Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 9:35 am

That would be cool!
Back to top Go down
http://www.highglass.com
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Two weeks of Val's Diet   Two weeks of Val's Diet Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:45 am

I started the list on Sunday. ;)
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Two weeks of Val's Diet   Two weeks of Val's Diet Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 9:39 am

I'm still keeping track for ya. I'll post when I have a two week sample menu for ya.

But, in keeping with this, I did make staple mix yesterday and I thought I would let you all know just how easy it is and just how little worrying goes into it. So, I'm going to tell you what I put in each batch.

I made 7 batches of staple food. This will last me a little over a week (about 9 days) due to the times that I have "off" nights and feed chicken or eggs.

NO, it does not follow my recipe. I made the recipe to help those trying this for themselves. I put in what I think is necessary or healthy for that week and the next week I will switch it up.

I cannot tell you measurements on anything because I do not measure - ever. So, I'm just going to tell you which ingredients I put into each batch. These are the ingredients I chose for this week. Next week will have some different things in them. For example, my store was out of nopales this week, so I don't have those to put in. Other weeks I will use nopales instead of or in addition to okra.

Here are the liquids I started with:
Two weeks of Val's Diet DSC05617a

And here are some of the other ingredients I chose for this week:
Two weeks of Val's Diet DSC05621

Not pictured are collard greens and Okra.

BATCH 1
Egg, collard greens, applesauce, flax oil, bee pollen, milk thistle extract, dried alfalfa, fruit puree, okra, acai with blueberry juice, pomegranate juice, dried camomile flower, apple cider vinegar, Mega Green juice.

BATCH 2
Egg, collard greens, applesauce, flax oil, dried alfalfa, Mega Green juice, milk thistle seed, vitamin E, pomegranate juice, papaya delight juice, canned pumpkin

BATCH 3
Egg, collard greens, applesauce, flax oil, dried alfalfa, Mega Green juice, okra, bee pollen, apple cider vinegar, milk thistle extract, Naked brand strawberry banana juice smoothie, pomegranate juice

BATCH 4
Egg, collard greens, applesauce, flax oil, dried alfalfa, Mega Green juice, yogurt, Knudsen's Morning Blend juice, papaya delight juice, milk thistle extract, dried camomile flower

BATCH 5
Egg, collard greens, applesauce, flax oil, dried alfalfa, Mega Green juice, okra, bee pollen, pomegranate juice, milk thistle extract, Naked brand strawberry banana juice smoothie, canned pumpkin

BATCH 6
Egg, collard greens, applesauce, flax oil, dried alfalfa, Mega Green juice, yogurt, milk thistle seed, acai with blueberry juice, pomegranate juice, vitamin E, okra

BATCH 7
Egg, collard greens, applesauce, flax oil, dried alfalfa, Mega Green juice, pomegranate juice, papaya delight juice, bee pollen, apple cider vinegar
Back to top Go down
eschiavoni2

eschiavoni2

PostSubject: Re: Two weeks of Val's Diet   Two weeks of Val's Diet Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 10:06 am

Ooo I am going to have to try canned pumpkin!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cozyglider.com
bjve
Associate
bjve

PostSubject: Re: Two weeks of Val's Diet   Two weeks of Val's Diet Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 10:44 pm

But...without approximate measures, how does someone like me figure out how much of which things to mix up? I wouldn't have any idea of what types of foods/herbals/etc. to choose! Would it entail having a long list of ingredients that I would just randomly choose different combinations of to make the different batches? There must be more that I need to know to choose ingredients intelligently....
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Two weeks of Val's Diet   Two weeks of Val's Diet Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 11:45 pm

Bobbie - in my diet explanation (which has been posted here on TSS for over two years) I have listed "starter" measurements for people. Once you are comfortable with it, you can begin to make adjustments based upon what you are comfortable with and believe is best.

Diet should not be so stressful for everyone. It is a lot of common sense and research and not so much rocket science.
Back to top Go down
eschiavoni2

eschiavoni2

PostSubject: Re: Two weeks of Val's Diet   Two weeks of Val's Diet Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:05 am

I will admit, like him it is overwhelming. I'm sure once I am more comfortable with the diet I will experiment more. I've been researching all the different ingredients you have listed and am trying to figure out ways I will be comfortable with incorporating them. I am thinking about creating a bunch of different diet plans just because I am more comfortable with a list then guessing. That way I could tweak it later if I need to.

Now, you have a main ingredients section. Do you always incorporate those into every diet or are there a few main ingredients from the 'main ingredients' section that you use in every batch?

I want to have fun and play around with ingredients, but if there are main ingredients that you see beneficial for every batch I would love to know :).
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Two weeks of Val's Diet   Two weeks of Val's Diet Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:39 am

As written in the diet plan:
Quote :
Here are the key ingredients (these are the ingredients present in every batch):
Back to top Go down
eschiavoni2

eschiavoni2

PostSubject: Re: Two weeks of Val's Diet   Two weeks of Val's Diet Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:50 am

Something_To_Believe_In wrote:
As written in the diet plan:
Quote :
Here are the key ingredients (these are the ingredients present in every batch):

Gotcha. I was on my phone so I couldn't really 'compare' the original diet plan to the ones you wrote down. And my laptop is dumb with this website lol.
Back to top Go down
bjve
Associate
bjve

PostSubject: Re: Two weeks of Val's Diet   Two weeks of Val's Diet Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 1:39 am

Sorry, Val! I actually HAVE read the diet you have posted on TSS, but still posted as the thoughts came instead of looking at the diet again. Guess I'm not so great at process, then post (as opposed to my post then process). i will reread and wait until later for questions :o) Thanks for doing this!
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Two weeks of Val's Diet   Two weeks of Val's Diet Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:05 am

As promised, here is what I fed my gliders for two weeks. Keep in mind that this is just an EXAMPLE and reflects what my store had in stock and how I was feeling for these two weeks lupus wise.

A few things to note:
CORN is always frozen corn. Nothing special done here.
PEAS - if I say just "peas" it means frozen peas. If otherwise designated as snap or sugar snap, etc, then they are fresh peas

(as an aside, it was difficult for me to remember to write this down every day. No way could I keep it up for a month, lol).

SUNDAY
*Chicken Noodle Soup with chicken, butternut squash, snap peas in pod, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, celery, corn, green beans, red bell pepper, baby corn, & spaghetti noodles.
* apple, pear, grapple, banana

MONDAY
* Staple mix
* corn, broccoli, carrots, cucumber, grape tomato, peas, french green beans, bok choy
* smoothie made with strawberry, banana, pineapple, apple, peach & pomegranate juice

TUESDAY
* Staple mix
* jicama, cucumber, corn, french green beans, carrots, celery, peas, baby spinach, baby spring mix, blackberry, apple, fig, watermelon
* dry kibble

WEDNESDAY
* Staple mix
* baby spring mix, bok choy, mung bean sprouts, corn, carrots, green beans, peas, cucumber, watermelon, apple, pear, blueberry, dried coconut flakes
* Pasta

THURSDAY
* Chicken
* Mixed berry yogurt
* Sunrise slaw, sugar snap peas, jicama, green beans (frozen), bok choy, green bell pepper, corn, carrots, pear, strawberry, clementine, grape

FRIDAY
* Staple mix
* Snap peas in pod, corn, carrots, green bean, broccoli, grape tomato, cucumber, canned pumpkin, apple, pear, grape, strawberry
* Dry kibble

SATURDAY
* Staple mix
* Fresh green beans, bok choy, celery, corn, carrots, broccoli, cucumber, peas, mushroom, sweet potato, apple, honeydew melon, fig, banana
* A cracked pecan for foraging

SUNDAY
* Baked chicken
* Macaroni & cheese
* peas, corn, carrots, green beans (fresh and frozen), bok choy, celery, grape tomato, pear, apple, blackberry & clementine

MONDAY
* Staple mix
* Nopales, cucumber, carrots, green beans, corn, peas, sunrise slaw
* Smoothie made with mangosteen & dragon fruit juices, blackberry, banana, strawberry, pineapple, peach, apple
* Dry kibble

TUESDAY
* Staple mix
* Baby spring mix, cucumber, corn, carrots, broccoli, green beans (fresh and frozen) peas, apple, banana, clementine, dried coconut

WEDNESDAY
* Staple mix
* sweet potato, peas, corn, carrots, green beans, jicama, bok choy, celery, watermelon, blackberry, pear

THURSDAY
* Staple mix
* cucumber, corn, iceberg lettuce, baby spring mix, tomato, bell pepper, celery, sweet potato, carrots, green beans, cranberry salad, watermelon, pineapple
* Dried rose buds, cracked pecan

FRIDAY
* Staple mix
* Sugar snap peas, corn, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, baby spinach, green beans (fresh), green bell pepper, red bell pepper, collard greens, apple, blueberry, mango

SATURDAY
* Chicken
* mushroom, jicama, corn, fresh green beans, cucumber, peas, carrots, celery, strawberry, blackberry, grape, grapple
Back to top Go down
BCChins
Associate
BCChins

PostSubject: Re: Two weeks of Val's Diet   Two weeks of Val's Diet Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:15 am

WoW that is an nice assortment of food.

Thank you Val and I am copying this to make sure I add assortment to my menu. I love how you mix it up.

When making smoothies do you add anything like yogurt or just blend the juices listed and serve it?
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Two weeks of Val's Diet   Two weeks of Val's Diet Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:22 am

I just blend the juices and fresh or frozen fruit. I don't use yogurt in smoothies because I have several gliders who have a significant intolerance to dairy/yogurt. So, they never get staple with yogurt in it and I never use yogurt in my smoothie. You certainly CAN use yogurt, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two weeks of Val's Diet   Two weeks of Val's Diet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two weeks of Val's Diet
Page 1 of 1