The Sweet Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sweet Spot

INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Copy Cat - Erica/LiveInTheMoment/ Proud Parent/ eschiavoni2/ Cozy Gliders

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

Copy Cat - Erica/LiveInTheMoment/ Proud Parent/ eschiavoni2/ Cozy Gliders Empty
PostSubject: Copy Cat - Erica/LiveInTheMoment/ Proud Parent/ eschiavoni2/ Cozy Gliders   Copy Cat - Erica/LiveInTheMoment/ Proud Parent/ eschiavoni2/ Cozy Gliders Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 8:47 pm

Erika/Proud Parent/eschiavoni2 has started herself quite a little business of copying lately.

She has copied many items, including (but not limited to) the kissy pouch and the sissy pouch. With regard to the sissy pouch copy- she even lied about having never seen one before. She had previously participated in a thread on GC where the sissy pouch was mentioned many, many times. There is also a member of GC who posted publicly that when she (the member) posted looking for a sissy pouch, Erika PMd her and offered to make her a copied sissy for $35!

Here is a photo of Erika's copied sissy pouch:
Copy Cat - Erica/LiveInTheMoment/ Proud Parent/ eschiavoni2/ Cozy Gliders Copybyproudparent

Erika likes to disguise her copying in saying that her customers ask her to make something so she does. Let me remind us all that it really does not matter if someone asks you to copy or not - YOU are responsible for any copy you make. Period.

I have been asked many times to copy other people's products. People will ask just because they want to save on shipping and they think "hey, since I'm ordering all of this from you, can you also make me a _____________?" My response is always "No, I do not make copies of other people's origninal ideas. I would not appreciate it if they copied my designs and I will not do so to someone else." Erika could respond the same, but instead she chooses to be a copy cat and then to try to justify it to the rest of us who know it is wrong.

Last edited by Something_To_Believe_In on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://gliderpals.weebly.com/
eschiavoni2

eschiavoni2

Copy Cat - Erica/LiveInTheMoment/ Proud Parent/ eschiavoni2/ Cozy Gliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Copy Cat - Erica/LiveInTheMoment/ Proud Parent/ eschiavoni2/ Cozy Gliders   Copy Cat - Erica/LiveInTheMoment/ Proud Parent/ eschiavoni2/ Cozy Gliders Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 1:39 pm

I want to get this out there for everyone to know, and you can think what you want afterwards.

The only two items I ever copied were the 'Kissy' and 'Sissy'.

The 'kissy' I originally made BEFORE I ever signed up for the forums. I was just thinking of different shaped pouches that could be made. It's not hard to come up with the idea of a cone (3D object). I made them for myself and eventually started making them for other people. When I was first contacted by Cheryl she was a bit rude, and claimed she was the creator of the kissy pouch. When I searched I found a TON of websites that sold this same exact pouch so I will admit I blew her off. I sold a grand total of 8. 2 before I was ever contacted, and 6 to one person after I was contacted. But the 6 that were made were sold for cost of materials and no labor charge/profit. My version of the pouch IMO, it's different. It's MUCH larger, padded, and a huge hole for entrance. After the 6 were sold for cost of materials ONLY, I stopped making/selling them all together. I do still make them for personal use, but that is it. I have turned down numerous people that have wanted one since then, but I do not know any of Cheryl's contact information so I couldn't send them her way. All I know is her first name.

Then with the sissy pouch. Originally I had never heard of a 'sissy' pouch. I had made a pouch based off of the pouch my cousin used for her ferrets (I don't know where she got it from and it's pretty frickin old). The difference was the straps (originally I didn't include the little piece of fabric that holds the straps up), slight shape difference, and hers only had a small viewing screen. When people posted for things they wanted, I would respond even if I didn't know what it was, because I was sure that I could work with the person to get them what they needed. It wasn't until I responded to the one members ad that I found out what a sissy pouch was. I had heard the name thrown around quite a bit, but I hadn't seen one until that point. Well soon after this I believe? Is when I made 4 of the pouches. AFTER the fact I smacked myself for it. That is when I posted about if my pouch looked too similar to anything. I said I didn't know what the sissy was, because at the time of making the pouch I really didn't KNOW what a sissy was. At the time of posting I did know what a sissy was, and only claimed I didn't because at the time of making the pouch I didn't know what it was. I didn't want people to think that I intentionally copied the design. But then I got called out for knowing what it was and just looked like a big fat liar instead. I thought the sissy was different enough and IMO looks nicer than the pouch I made (that's for sure). Needless to say I have never made another one again. I have been asked to and I have declined, and a few people I told to check critterbin.

I have only been selling items since January of this year. Before that I always just kept them for myself or gave them to friends/relatives. I didn't become a member until mid-late February. I didn't get to know many of the communities rules/standards until April-June sometime in that time frame. And I will admit, at first I did NOT agree at all with these standards. But that's because I think it sucks to come up with an idea ON YOUR OWN, just to have someone tell you it's too similar. Both the sissy, and kissy I did BEFORE ever seeing them. So it sucked to come up with something just to find out I can't make it. I also feel that people have the right to choose, and for only ONE seller to have an item, doesn't give them many options.

That being said, I have changed my opinion. Before I saw it as that vendor was 'fearful' of having business taken away. But now I see it for what I think it really is. You don't 'copy' because it's a close community and many friendships/bonds form. You don't copy because it's disrespectful. I didn't see it before because I didn't talk to/have many friends on the forums. I still don't have a ton, but I have enough now to know that I wouldn't want to copy their work.

So you all can think what you want about me, but I really am sorry for everything. I guess I just needed time in order to see it the way you guys see it. Sorry for the long post... just wanted everyone to know I'm sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cozyglider.com

Copy Cat - Erica/LiveInTheMoment/ Proud Parent/ eschiavoni2/ Cozy Gliders
Page 1 of 1