The Sweet Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sweet Spot

INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quickderm

Go down 
+9
Spoonfulofsugars
FutureChef
WintersSong
USMom
GliderNursery
Usha77
BindiAndScrubbie
sugeebaby
BCChins
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BCChins
Associate
BCChins

Quickderm Empty
PostSubject: Quickderm   Quickderm Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 7:50 am

I was wondering since those who were at the Round UP have learned many good uses for Quickderm can you post the uses and reason's for it for those of us who missed it. I see Val saying it is good on Chapped lips and Brenda saying she can use it on her face and also what to use it on for the gliders.

And if you are going to try it on something and find it useful please let us know.

Back to top Go down
sugeebaby
MENTOR
sugeebaby

Quickderm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickderm   Quickderm Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 11:02 am

It can be used on any open wound on animals or humans. If you feel a cold sore coming on put it on that. Chapped lips,pimples just a few of the things Mickal mentioned.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thepamperedglider.com
BCChins
Associate
BCChins

Quickderm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickderm   Quickderm Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 1:16 pm

Oh I have a golly whomper pimple trying to break out running to get the tube I have right now. Wonder if it will take the redness out of my face? I have the worlds worst skin.
Back to top Go down
BindiAndScrubbie

BindiAndScrubbie

Quickderm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickderm   Quickderm Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 5:15 pm

LOL Brenda!
Back to top Go down
http://SpoiledRottenSuggies.com
Usha77
MENTOR
Usha77

Quickderm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickderm   Quickderm Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 9:32 pm

As soon as he told us about the cold sores and we asked about the pimples, I was ready to buy a case! I only have 1 tube (was trying to conserve my money since I had told my parents I wouldn't be spending much & I had already spent far more on raffles and vending than I had planned - you all understand, I am sure! However, a wonderful, amazing friend gave me one of her tubes of Quickderm) otherwise, I would be using it on my face already! Next payday, I'll try to order some more so I can try it out (my face has been breaking out terribly lately and I do not want to use the only tube I have for me...but, once I order more, I might start trying it out!)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Usha77
Usha77
MENTOR
Usha77

Quickderm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickderm   Quickderm Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 9:34 pm

Oh, and you only need to apply it once a day, I believe. It slowly releases the active stuff into your skin or something...I need to read that website he gave us.
Back to top Go down
BCChins
Associate
BCChins

Quickderm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickderm   Quickderm Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 7:39 am

Well my Golly Whomper is smaller today. I tend to get the kind of pimples that stay under the skin for days then you get a tiny little white spot. I applied it once yesterday and it does not hurt any more either.

I also put some on my lips and they seem softer. TODAY I am applying it to my whole face.

We need a spray version of this stuff so I can spray my entire body with it. I get eczema pretty bad in the winter so I put it on my hands last night and they were less itchy and red by morning.

I will order a case of it also make that a truck load!!

Val I am applying it all over Loki .....JK but the thought crossed my mind let me tell ya!
Back to top Go down
BindiAndScrubbie

BindiAndScrubbie

Quickderm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickderm   Quickderm Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 3:08 pm

LOL Uh oh.....We may need to have an intervention before Brenda fills the bathtub up with this stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://SpoiledRottenSuggies.com
Usha77
MENTOR
Usha77

Quickderm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickderm   Quickderm Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 7:04 pm

I think he said they are working on a spray and there's something you can do, like put it in the microwave for a tiny bit and then put it in a spray bottle? Someone else chime in if you know what I'm talking about!
Back to top Go down
GliderNursery

GliderNursery

Quickderm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickderm   Quickderm Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:09 pm

He did say something like that Brenda. I also remember him saying this stuff doesn't actually expire, even tho they are required to put some type of date on the container.

Hmm...I have a strange rash on my arm today. Going to try QuickDerm on it and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
USMom
Associate
USMom

Quickderm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickderm   Quickderm Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 2:06 pm

There is a spray in the works. He did say for gliders it probably wouldn't be so great, because their wounds are so small in comparison to other animals, the spray would be bigger than the wound (does that make sense?).
Back to top Go down
http://www.marykay.com/shawnagrupe
BCChins
Associate
BCChins

Quickderm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickderm   Quickderm Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 6:01 pm

Yes it does. You would end up spraying the entire glider instead of just the wound.
Back to top Go down
WintersSong

WintersSong

Quickderm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickderm   Quickderm Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 6:30 pm

Another use for quickderm -- burns.
It says so on the tube, but still. It works great on burns. I found that out last night when I burnt myself with my soldering iron.
Back to top Go down
FutureChef

FutureChef

Quickderm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickderm   Quickderm Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 11:51 am

i don't know anything about this quickderm i wouldn't recomend putting it in the microwave, they tend to alter the genetic make up of things. i would say put the tube in water, and the water and tube up at the same time.

btw what is the website for the quickderm? i wanna look into this stuff i'm working as a auto mechanic and i tend to cut myself daily.
Back to top Go down
Spoonfulofsugars

Spoonfulofsugars

Quickderm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickderm   Quickderm Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 5:49 pm

vetcare.us

I believe there is a human version that is trademarked by the 3M corp. Mikel said it was called Tagederm....something something... but as Mikel said they did not change the formula when they bought the rights to the animal version so I guess a rose by any other name is still a rose! LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.glidersandgear.com
GliderNursery

GliderNursery

Quickderm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickderm   Quickderm Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:20 pm

I tried QuickDerm on my rash - it seemed to help a bit; but as it turns out I was having an allergic reaction to my medication. The reaction was from my head to my toes, that little tube of QuickDerm didn't stand a chance! LOL

BTW - The Glider Initiative is a distributor for QuickDerm. Karen ships really fast, so it's easy to get! :)
Back to top Go down
Usha77
MENTOR
Usha77

Quickderm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickderm   Quickderm Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 11:53 pm

So, a friend of mine got bear hugged, picked up, and slammed into the ground face first one week ago tonight. Here's what he looked like on Saturday (looked worse the next few days):

Quickderm 19583610

This happened to him by a drunk friend who he has decided is no longer a friend. He came to work Monday morning but then went home way early (too much pain and couldn't see out of his swollen/bloody eye) and didn't come back until Thursday. Thursday, during lunch at work, I asked him if he wanted to try some Quickderm as I still had it in my purse. I told him (and the other guys in the lunchroom) what it was and what it was for - he said, "you got it for your rats?!" - they all know what to say to tick me off - they know they are possums/marsupials, but yeah...anyway...) I told him what Mikel said about it hurting the first time you apply, but not supposed to after that. He decided to try it and even put a little extra in a bag to bring home.

This morning he came to me and said that whoever told me it wouldn't hurt after the 1st time was lying - I told him maybe he was just a wuss. Lol. Anyway, my reason for posting this is that today, the day after using it for the first time, I swear it looked MUCH better than it did before and I hope he continues to use it and if he does, I am almost sure it will be mostly healed by sometime next week.
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

Quickderm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickderm   Quickderm Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 7:58 am

I can also tell you that it hurts a lot every time you use it IF the wound is fairly large. I took a bird bite earlier this week and it stung something fierce to put it on the bird bite. BUT, it only stings for maybe 3 seconds, then there is no pain at all. On little paper cuts, I didn't notice any stinging. Maybe I just didn't feel it. But, the thing I'm trying to impress is that I believe that it is worth 3-5 seconds of stinging if my baby is going to heal days faster.
Back to top Go down
http://gliderpals.weebly.com/
BCChins
Associate
BCChins

Quickderm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickderm   Quickderm Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:29 am

I felt the sting after applying it to my sheet wrenching/scratched Eczema, ya I know stop scratching it) and then felt the sting every time I applied it. The sting actually made the itching go away!! It does make it better faster.

Sheet/wrenching scratched = placing wrist and fingers in between the sheets while 1/2 awake and twisting the sheets to scratch the day lights out of it. Ahhh feels sooo god while doing it but then hurts like boogers after.
Back to top Go down
Usha77
MENTOR
Usha77

Quickderm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickderm   Quickderm Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 5:26 pm

Oh, I definitely think a little sting is worth the healing!
Back to top Go down
WintersSong

WintersSong

Quickderm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickderm   Quickderm Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 1:18 pm

Had to use the quickderm again (on myself) -- another burn. I seem to get burns a lot. I was using my steamer, got distracted by a phonecall, and..whoops. My poor fingers got a steam burn. Minor, superficial, but ouch.

So anyway, it was really, really red about an hour ago. I tried some burn lotion, no relief...and it just seemed to be getting redder. Soaked it in cold water.. relief, but still super red. Finally, about 10 minutes ago, I grabbed the quickderm. My fingers are back to normal -- no more redness. Unfortunately it didn't do much for the pain, but I don't think the burn will blister now that I've used the quickderm.

I need to order a ton of this stuff at the rate that I've been getting injuries lately.
Back to top Go down
FutureChef

FutureChef

Quickderm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickderm   Quickderm Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 1:30 pm

sara you should try mustard on the burns...it pulls the heat out of the skin, keeps it cool and helps to prevent the blister
Back to top Go down
kyro298
Associate
kyro298

Quickderm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickderm   Quickderm Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 6:42 pm

So the "human" version is the same as the animal version?

I went to the actual site to read a little more info about it and it has a page with a list of distributors that you purchase from. Is there a way to get TGI listed on there or does TGI purchase from one of those distributors?

I just ordered some via TGI. Didn't want to be left out by not having the tub of magic! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.StageItRedesignIt.com
GliderNursery

GliderNursery

Quickderm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickderm   Quickderm Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:07 pm

TGI is a distributor, and buys direct from QuickDerm. They update their website every couple of weeks and Mikel said that he would get TGI listed as a U.S. Distributor.
Back to top Go down
kyro298
Associate
kyro298

Quickderm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickderm   Quickderm Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Awesome!

I meant to write "tube" of magic above...not "tub" of magic. LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.StageItRedesignIt.com
Sponsored content

Quickderm Empty