The Sweet Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sweet Spot

INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chloe

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sugeebaby
MENTOR
sugeebaby

Chloe Empty
PostSubject: Chloe   Chloe Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 6:49 am

Monday night when Chloe was out for her run, she got on the back of the cage. I was able to see her underbelly. I noticed her butt was swollen. I grabbed her up wrapped her in fleece so I could examine closer. Her butt was swollen up good right next to her butt hole. She didn't seem to be in pain. She was eating good and still running in the wheel and playing in the cage. Tuesday morning I called the vet. Dr. G was on vacation but the other vet could see me Wednesday. So I made the appointment.
Wednesday I got her to the vet. Vet said it look like they were going to have to aspirate the anal glad. If liquid came out he were okay but if it was like cottage cheese then they might have to make a slit to remove the cottage cheese. They took her back and sedated her. They were able to aspirate with a needle. A green pus like substance came out. Vet gave me Amoxicillin to give her for 2 weeks.
Her butt is not swollen any more, but she has a tiny bruise where the needle went in. I have her on food that will make stool running for a while just to give anal glad a break. She is doing great.
Vet said if it flares up again or she starts acting funny to get her back in right away.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thepamperedglider.com

Chloe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sweet Spot :: MEDICAL ISSUES & PHYSICAL HEALTH :: Anal Gland Issues-
Jump to: