The Sweet Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sweet Spot

INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Perfect Pocket Pets

Go down 
+9
josefine
rita
SugarBlossoms
cyndiekb
jen102375
LSardou
Anita Rae
calamityannie
Something_To_Believe_In
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

Perfect Pocket Pets Empty
PostSubject: Perfect Pocket Pets   Perfect Pocket Pets Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 9:42 pm

It is important that our members - and all who ever wish to make a difference - be able to separate a PERSON from a JOB.

Despite any recent or future claims of total or partial policy or behavior change, PPP, its agents, owner and employees continue to engage in behavior that warrants their listing here in our Big Meaners section.

PPP and other mill brokers support the mill breeding trade through purchase of large quantities of gliders for the purpose of selling at trade shows, malls, fairs and the like. They promote and sustain the sale of gliders without lineage to uneducated and uninformed impulse buyers.

The vast majority (for my facility, it is currently 100%, but I don't want to speak for all rescues) of people who purchase from PPP and then later (within months) relinquish their gliders to a rescue home report that they feel they were "tricked" or "duped" into buying the glider(s) at a high price, with numerous unnecessary accessories or add-ons. They report that they were misinformed about the type, quantity and ease of care a glider requires and/or that they feel they were lied to or "tricked" about the bonding process with gliders. They are NOT relinquishing the gliders because they are terrible people or because they can't afford health care. They are relinquishing because they bought on impulse and were NOT properly or truthfully educated or informed at the time of purchase or the weeks following purchase. The impulse buyer is TARGETED by PPP simply because the impulse buyer = profit. They are targeted despite any negative consequences for the glider.

Until such time as PPP and PPP's peers begin placing the LIVES that they barter as of greater importance than the money they make selling them, they will continue to make choices and engage in practices which negatively impact the dignity we have worked so hard to give to gliders and the high standards we have set in order to maintain healthy gliders with a lengthy life span.

Last edited by Something_To_Believe_In on Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://gliderpals.weebly.com/
calamityannie

calamityannie

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Pocket Pets   Perfect Pocket Pets Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 7:11 am

Thank you , thank you, thank you Val!! You got right to the heart of the matter!
No matter how nice a PERSON may seem, animals should never be sold like are "Sham-wows" or something off of QVC. Ever!
Back to top Go down
Anita Rae

Anita Rae

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Pocket Pets   Perfect Pocket Pets Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:15 am

Yep, you nailed it Val. That is what it is all about.
Back to top Go down
http://www.atticworx.com/index.htm
LSardou

LSardou

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Pocket Pets   Perfect Pocket Pets Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 4:29 pm

Thank you, Val. Your words express exactly what we all are feeling. Perfect Pocket Pets 367
Back to top Go down
jen102375

jen102375

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Pocket Pets   Perfect Pocket Pets Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 4:52 pm

You said it Val, You have an amazing way with words wich make it easy to understand. I think you are 100% correct on this Perfect Pocket Pets 179825
Back to top Go down
http://www.thegliderboutique.com
cyndiekb

cyndiekb

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Pocket Pets   Perfect Pocket Pets Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 4:53 pm

This is just one more reason I love you Val. You can put it in words what I feel in my heart. I don't know why but from heart, to brain, to fingers, I mess it up every time. I for one will never stop fighting the mills/brokers not just gliders but all animals.
Back to top Go down
SugarBlossoms

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Pocket Pets   Perfect Pocket Pets Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:26 am

Amen
Back to top Go down
rita

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Pocket Pets   Perfect Pocket Pets Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 2:46 pm

Thank you, Val. You put into words what many of us are thinking.
Back to top Go down
josefine

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Pocket Pets   Perfect Pocket Pets Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 1:44 pm

I was on sesg forum, & was sent here to read what you posted on these 'things' that think they are humans.
They actually remind me of slave traders. they didn't care anything @ all of the humans they took, just getting as many as possible to keep them rich. How can this continue to go on, w/them exposed, as to what goes on? But then, the majority of the people alive today are just like mill breeders/brokers, when you think about it, the final end to all is selfishness & greed, no matter how it started
These are living beings, they are gifts from god to humans. All animals are. We who hurt & cry over this are of the minority. JMO
Back to top Go down
Jenny

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Pocket Pets   Perfect Pocket Pets Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 7:25 am

We bought on impulse after hearing many of their grand promises of gliders low maintenance, low cost , longevity.
I did like the cd they sent home, it was a lifesaver at first. BUT after 11 months with our gliders, I do feel duped. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the babies, but I can only imagine how many children get these babies and have no idea what they are getting into and do not have the time nor money to spend on them.
We have spent over $1,000.00 on medical bills alone. So I agree thumbs down to Pocket pets. Please look for an actual breeder that has recommendations.
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Pocket Pets   Perfect Pocket Pets Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 8:04 am

Following up with my personal experiences of late.

There are claims that Pocket Pets is offering a better diet & fleece products and that they have made changes in the age and size of the gliders they are selling.

This has not been my personal experience even as recently as last month. I'm assuming that these changes were made only in certain markets or with certain sales teams.

The gliders that have come to my home with their receipts from PP are ALL (100%) under 40 grams and too young to be away from their parents. 50% of them have tested positive for parasites, ALL of them were ill (dehydration, malnutrition, bacterial infection) and ALL of them have had to be hand fed as joeys in order to recover from their illness. ONLY ONE of these owners was offered "Glider Gravy" with their purchase (they were all feeding pellets and apple) and their "fleece products" were single layer, poorly made, small pouches that they paid too much for.

Additionally, I am seeing a number of deceased gliders come through my home who were purchased from Pocket Pets. Without disclosing confidential information from TSG, I can say that their causes of death could have been prevented. Again, most of these gliders are also very small (under 40 grams) and some even under 30 grams.

The changes they are proud to say they have made are non-existant - at least in OK and surrounding areas.

All of this still holds true:
Quote :
They report that they were misinformed about the type, quantity and ease of care a glider requires and/or that they feel they were lied to or "tricked" about the bonding process with gliders. The impulse buyer is TARGETED by PPP simply because the impulse buyer = profit. They are targeted despite any negative consequences for the glider.

It is a shame that some have made us feel we should no longer speak out about the injustices we are seeing ourselves.
I will never stop speaking out about mill breeding and brokering.
Back to top Go down
http://gliderpals.weebly.com/
sugeebaby
MENTOR
sugeebaby

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Pocket Pets   Perfect Pocket Pets Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 9:45 am

The gliders that they were selling at the Chantilly VA pet expo were all under 40 grams and brown. OH wait brown is a new extremely rare color. So they say. We had several people buy from them that week end and then come to us. I didn't see where they made any changes to what they are offering or telling. Luckily Suz was there with some Joey Survival kits and the new owners did buy them and listen to what she had to say. Hopefully they survived.
Single layer pouch, heat lamp,pellet diet were part of the starter kit that you paid extra for. Apples are just fine as the fruit to put in the bottom of the cage for them to munch on for several days.
I've also had several PP gliders come to my home in the last couple of months as well. I saw the same things here as I did in Va. So it must be a very limited market that they have improved because I've been to two markets and seen no changes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thepamperedglider.com
DCMuffin
MENTOR
DCMuffin

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Pocket Pets   Perfect Pocket Pets Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 2:50 pm

I agree, Karen. I spent some time at the booth at the Chantilly pet expo. The glider in the sales person's hand would have weighed about 40 grams soaking wet. It was orange and he had its head between his thumb and forefinger so that it couldn't move. I asked about diet, and the answer I got was pellets and apples. There was no mention of Glider Gravy.

I have personally had three families at my home since PP was in the area. Out of 5 gliders, four of them were under 40 grams and one was 43. None of these three families were told to take them in for wellness exams. None of them had Glider Gravy, which I thought was supposed to be included in their starter kit.

It's disturbing, at best. And I see absolutely no changes that they were "supposed" to make.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jumpinmonkey.webs.com
morganschumann

morganschumann

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Pocket Pets   Perfect Pocket Pets Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 7:53 pm

You've got it Val!!! And that's why we are all willing to team up with you and make the DIFFERENCE and educate people!! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Pocket Pets   Perfect Pocket Pets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Perfect Pocket Pets
Page 1 of 1