The Sweet Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sweet Spot

INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

blind glider

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
josefine

blind glider Empty
PostSubject: blind glider   blind glider Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 10:36 pm

One of my babies is blind.
A year ago, we went to the vet because she had an abscess under her right eye.
We gave her the antibiotic & eye medicine that was prescribed.
She did finally heal. Short time after this happened,I saw that many times her eye would be a milky white. I thought this was maybe a problem w/her eyelid. Many times it would come & go.

A week ago, she got another abscess on her other eye. We gave her the meds, but this time it wasn't healing, so today I took her back to the vet. He sedated her so he could see things better, & she no longer has an eyeball, she is blind in that eye.
Now, also, her other eye turned out to be cataracts, not eyelid issues, & the vet said that she has probably been blind for quite some time in that eye.

Now she is 100% blind.  No eyeball in one socket, & a forever milky cataract in the other.
I do plan on helping her the best I can, so she can still live a good life. She hasn't been in her wheel for some time now, I guess I can see why she didn't run in it anymore. For the most part, she is eating & drinking.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know what is going on in my part of the world.
I hope I will be able to be a good mommy, so she will be able to continue to have a good life.
I am totally crushed, I know I will never be able to get over this, but I will do the best I can.
Back to top Go down
josefine

blind glider Empty
PostSubject: Re: blind glider   blind glider Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 11:52 pm

I remember reading about a blind glider successfully living w/another one.
I can't find it, & I'm needing to get w/the person who posted the thread will be able to help me.
Does anyone on here remember who it was that posted the topic?
My baby hasn't been using her wheel, & I want her to not be so lonely.
Thanx in advance for this request.
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

blind glider Empty
PostSubject: Re: blind glider   blind glider Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 9:14 am

I have had many blind gliders live with others. I have two blind gliders right now. They do surprisingly well. You won't need to make special arrangements for the blind glider. All of mine use their wheels. It is possible that your glider is depressed if living alone. Get her a few friends and treat her as normal and she will be fine for a very long time.
Back to top Go down
http://gliderpals.weebly.com/
josefine

blind glider Empty
PostSubject: Re: blind glider   blind glider Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 10:13 am

Thank you so much for your encouragement on this. I plan on putting her in w/another glider, just wanted to get info on the procedure. She used to be w/all the glider together in their own room. But a few fights broke out, so we separated everyone. We now have 13 glider in 6 cages.
My baby is a real fire cracker. She is one that we adopted from the no kill rescue place. So I will need to put her in with one of my 2 some.

I also posted on GC, & found good stories from others on blind glider & cataracts.

This was something, I'm sure, that I had sent a message to you about her cloudy milky eye, but since you didn't say anything about going to a vet, I just took it that she must be having eyelid issues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

blind glider Empty
PostSubject: Re: blind glider   blind glider Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

blind glider
Page 1 of 1