The Sweet Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sweet Spot

INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thinking about introing the trio to the duo.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mysweetboys

Mysweetboys

Thinking about introing the trio to the duo. Empty
PostSubject: Thinking about introing the trio to the duo.   Thinking about introing the trio to the duo. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 9:38 pm

So, we've had Omi and Kai 3 1/2 years and Gypsy for 2 1/2 years.  They've been a trio since 2011.  I got Maya as a rehome back in November of last year.  She was diagnosed with pentatrichmonis.  I know I posted this diagnosis here and nothing much came of it.  She hasn't been symptomatic for the longest time.  I got another glider that was seized on an airplane back in February (her name is Mia).  I had both tested and both came up fine.  Even though Maya had been tested previously by Zoologix and diagnosed with The Pentatrichmonis...Well, I intro'd them and they've been living happily since.  My question finally.  Being I have two cages in my home...do I still do fecals on both cages?  I know it is a risk with Maya having been diagnosed but I can't help but think perhaps her immune system may be suppressing it or the other gliders can be healthy enough with probiotics and proper diet to be okay.  Comments?  Concerns?  Advice?  I want one big colony guys.  Sorry so long.  I've been gone a while.
Back to top Go down
BCChins
Associate
BCChins

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about introing the trio to the duo.   Thinking about introing the trio to the duo. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 10:32 pm

OK I think you are asking if you have to do fecal's on both cages before you introduce the two cages together?
If this is your question then my answer is yes. Why bother doing just one cage? You need to rule out any issues with both cages not just one. Keep in mind that having a large colony of gliders s a bit harder to tell if something is wrong with one of them. You have to keep a good eye on everyone all the time to be sure everyone is eating/peeing/pooping normal.
Back to top Go down
Mysweetboys

Mysweetboys

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about introing the trio to the duo.   Thinking about introing the trio to the duo. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 8:37 am

Okay, thank you Brenda. What kind of fecals do I have run? Just the float and smear? Nobody is symptomatic of anything so I don't know if I need more ...ie, giardia and such
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about introing the trio to the duo.   Thinking about introing the trio to the duo. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thinking about introing the trio to the duo.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sweet Spot :: MEDICAL ISSUES & PHYSICAL HEALTH :: Parasites (Giardia, Coccidia, etc)-
Jump to: