The Sweet Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sweet Spot

INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HPW and it's many names

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CandyOtte

CandyOtte

HPW and it's many names Empty
PostSubject: HPW and it's many names   HPW and it's many names Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 10:17 pm

Everyone - we should probably be more specific and refer to Wombaroo High Protein Supplement by its full name since Peggy is now selling two totally different products called HPW PLUS and HPW Complete in order to avoid confusion between the products.
Back to top Go down
http://GliderKids.com
sugeebaby
MENTOR
sugeebaby

PostSubject: Re: HPW and it's many names   HPW and it's many names Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 8:13 am

very good idea.
I wish she would quit using the HPW because technically that stands for High Protein Wombaroo. My understanding is the Wombaroo is trademarked to Paswell.
why can't she use High Protein Supplement HPS. then there would be less confusion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thepamperedglider.com
mizvalorie

mizvalorie

PostSubject: Re: HPW and it's many names   HPW and it's many names Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 5:43 pm

The powder in HPW is Wombarro High Protein Supplement. Its initials are NOT HPW.

I for one will be using the name of HER diet HPW, HPW Plus and HPW Complete when talking about these diets.

Just because you find it confusing does not mean all of us should not use the name SHE came up with regarding HER diet.
Back to top Go down
FutureChef

FutureChef

PostSubject: Re: HPW and it's many names   HPW and it's many names Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 11:43 am

i will be honest as i understand it right now there are 3 or 4 different diets or variations of diets that are called HPW and then something after? i can hardly keep them straight. and i have no idea what makes each diet different from the other one. i for one would love to see more distinct names for each diet i would hate to order what i think is the "original HPW" diet and get HPW complete thinking it is the same thing.

BTW is there really that much of a difference in all of the diets?
Back to top Go down
mizvalorie

mizvalorie

PostSubject: Re: HPW and it's many names   HPW and it's many names Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 12:40 pm

No there is one diet called HPW. The rest are variations people have made up.
Back to top Go down
CandyOtte

CandyOtte

PostSubject: Re: HPW and it's many names   HPW and it's many names Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 1:27 pm

Futurechef -

There is a difference in the variations of the HPW diet.

The Original HPW recipe calls for Wombaroo High Protein Supplement and the recipe calls for honey, eggs, bee pollen and water.

HPW Plus - contains a different amount of calcium and other vitamins and minerals from the Wombaroo High Protein Supplement so the resulting nutrients in HPW Plus mixed as directed are not exactly the same as those in the original recipe even though the same ingredients are added to it.

HPW Complete contains the honey, bee pollen, eggs and everything else and is an Add Water Only product.

The three products contain different nutrients and the specific directions given for each specific product should be followed.

For example - using HPW Complete in the recipe for Original HPW would result in doubling the honey, eggs, bee pollen etc that are included in that version of the product.

Mizvalorie - while the nutritional results of the HPW diet may be close to the same, the recipes and ingredients to be added to complete the HPW mix is different with the three different powder products.

Last edited by CandyOtte on Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correcting an error in my comment)
Back to top Go down
http://GliderKids.com
mizvalorie

mizvalorie

PostSubject: Re: HPW and it's many names   HPW and it's many names Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 1:29 pm

I am not saying they are the same. They are completely different. I just don't think we as a community or even friends have a right to tell her she needs to change the name of her diet.
Back to top Go down
sugeebaby
MENTOR
sugeebaby

PostSubject: Re: HPW and it's many names   HPW and it's many names Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 3:56 pm

I think we do have a right as a community or a friend to suggest to a person to make a name change. It has happened with toys and glider accessories. Just because it is a so called respected pillar of the community rules don't apply to them.
High Protein Wombaroo is a brand name. Just like Jello is a brand name for gelatin. I think it is going to cause great confession when talking about what diet you are on.
since Peggy is not using Paswell Wombaroo High Protien Supplement she has made up her own then she should not use the word Wombaroo in the name at all. Why not call it what it is a High Protein Supplement.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thepamperedglider.com
queenduck

queenduck

PostSubject: Re: HPW and it's many names   HPW and it's many names Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 9:16 pm

We only call the original HPW... HPW, because Peggy nick-named her diet that. Just lke Bourbon's BML's, something short and easy to write. The actual main ingrediant has always been Wombaroo High Protien Supplement (never has been HPW).

HPW was not a brand name, it is a nickname we the sugar glider community use.

I personally think that a better name could have been thought of, but I wasn't consulted first. LOL. I would have picked something different. But she didn't and that is her choice.

If I sold the original High Protien Suppliment made by wombarro, that is exactly how I'd list it, 'ORIGINAL' High Protien Suppliment (used in traditional HPW diets). Many people are ONLY going to want the original, so it should be listed as such to gain that attention.

Back to top Go down
mizvalorie

mizvalorie

PostSubject: Re: HPW and it's many names   HPW and it's many names Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 12:47 am

I agree with Alicia.

I do not think this has ANYTHING to do with her being a respected person in the community. That is not at all why I am saying we have no right to ask her to change her diet name.

Most of the time when asking a person to change the name of a product it is because another person is making something different with a similar name.

In this case Peggy made HPW, and Peggy is making a another diet with her own names.

You can ask her to change the name all you want but its very silly to get so upset over it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HPW and it's many names   HPW and it's many names Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HPW and it's many names
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sweet Spot :: THE GLIDER DINER :: Glider Gourmet-
Jump to: