The Sweet Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sweet Spot

INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Detailed Demonstration

Go down 
+7
CandyOtte
BCChins
WintersSong
GoGoGliders
GliderNursery
BindiAndScrubbie
Something_To_Believe_In
11 posters

Which demonstration would you find most helpful?
Hospital cage set up and use/times when use is appropriate
Detailed Demonstration Vote_lcap20%Detailed Demonstration Vote_rcap
 20% [ 3 ]
how to put on the types of e-collars
Detailed Demonstration Vote_lcap27%Detailed Demonstration Vote_rcap
 27% [ 4 ]
Giving medication
Detailed Demonstration Vote_lcap13%Detailed Demonstration Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Packing to ship for a necropsy
Detailed Demonstration Vote_lcap33%Detailed Demonstration Vote_rcap
 33% [ 5 ]
None.
Detailed Demonstration Vote_lcap0%Detailed Demonstration Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
Detailed Demonstration Vote_lcap7%Detailed Demonstration Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

Detailed Demonstration Empty
PostSubject: Detailed Demonstration   Detailed Demonstration Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 9:50 pm

We are kicking around the idea of doing a detailed demonstration at the RRRoundup and would like your input. Whether you are planning to attend in Texas, Florida or watch on the web, which of these are you most interested in seeing a demonstration of?

If you choose "none" please tell us why. Do you not like the choices? Do you think demonstrations are a waste of time? Are you just sick of them? What?

If you choose "other" please tell us what you WOULD like to see.

Thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
http://gliderpals.weebly.com/
BindiAndScrubbie

BindiAndScrubbie

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Demonstration   Detailed Demonstration Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:20 pm

I voted but for the record, I think the first two tied for me, I'd vote for both if I could.
Back to top Go down
http://SpoiledRottenSuggies.com
GliderNursery

GliderNursery

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Demonstration   Detailed Demonstration Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 11:32 pm

Tough choices! Although I've seen it several times, I feel e-collar are a must at every gathering. That's how I knew how to use one when needed.

I love the idea of a hospital cage demo.

I think packing for a necropsy is a necessity, it will also help promote having necropsy done. I know I don't know how to "properly" prepare and ship.
Back to top Go down
GoGoGliders

GoGoGliders

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Demonstration   Detailed Demonstration Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 11:37 pm

I have to agree with the ladies above.....but I really feel the first two topics go hand in hand.....if you have to put on an e-collar, chances are you need to set up a cage for an injured glider.....maybe the first two could be combined into one demo

ps didn't vote yet!!
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Demonstration   Detailed Demonstration Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 11:48 pm

You guys have some great ideas and wonderful input. Please keep it coming!
Back to top Go down
WintersSong

WintersSong

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Demonstration   Detailed Demonstration Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 11:51 pm

I'd really love to see a demonstration on how to put on e-collars. That's something that we all need to know in the event of an emergency.
Back to top Go down
BCChins
Associate
BCChins

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Demonstration   Detailed Demonstration Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:14 am

JMO but I think the first 3 go hand in hand because if you put on an e-collar then you need a hospital cage for them and more then likely they will be getting medication.

So I am voting for other......
Back to top Go down
CandyOtte

CandyOtte

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Demonstration   Detailed Demonstration Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 11:03 am

I voted for Hospital Cage set up but I agree, can putting on an E-collar be included with this.
Back to top Go down
http://GliderKids.com
sugeebaby
MENTOR
sugeebaby

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Demonstration   Detailed Demonstration Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 12:15 pm

I've seen the e collar more times than I want to remember. Seem like most gatherings I'm the one showing people how to do the snap collar.
I really want to know how to prep and ship a glider for a necropsy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thepamperedglider.com
finnessa

finnessa

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Demonstration   Detailed Demonstration Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 5:18 pm

I would love to see the hospital cage set up and would like to see the necropsy instructions too. Even though I have already experienced the hospital cage, E- Collar and medicine giving one can never be to prepared and I like to know how others do things. Sadly some day no matter how much I hate the idea of losing someone ever I am sure I will need to have a necropsy done later down the road.
Back to top Go down
GliderNursery

GliderNursery

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Demonstration   Detailed Demonstration Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 6:24 pm

Who is your target audience? Members of the glider community, or are you pulling in newbies? I assume both. Reason I ask, is several of us have seen the e-collar demo many times, but some of your audience members may never have seen it.
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Demonstration   Detailed Demonstration Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 11:49 pm

You guys have great input. Please do vote if you have not.
Now you have me thinking on a new idea. You know how that goes. Val gets an idea, thinks about it for weeks or months, asks a few people what they think, tweaks and improves and then a great new thing is born. YaY!
(At least that is how I wish it always went).
Back to top Go down
Spoonfulofsugars

Spoonfulofsugars

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Demonstration   Detailed Demonstration Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:27 pm

I voted for the necropsy... I agree that it will better promote the idea of having one done :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.glidersandgear.com
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Demonstration   Detailed Demonstration Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 8:20 pm

That's a good point too, Celeste.

Still time to get your vote in if you have not. We will be finalizing some things in the next few weeks.
This event is going to be so much fun!
Back to top Go down
valston

valston

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Demonstration   Detailed Demonstration Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 10:38 pm

Being a newbie to the glider world (and loving it Very Happy ) I think all of them are very important. I rescued my babies almost 6 months ago, and we're still working on the bonding thing, and I dread if I'm in a position that I need to give them medication or put an e-collar on them. I also think the hospital cage set up goes hand in hand with the e collar and the medication.
The packing for a necropsy is also very important to learn too. (sorry, I know I'm not helping any)
Back to top Go down
valston

valston

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Demonstration   Detailed Demonstration Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 10:44 pm

Being a newbie to the glider world (and loving it Very Happy ) I think all of them are very important. I rescued my babies almost 6 months ago, and we're still working on the bondng thing, and I dread if I'm in a position that I need to give them edication or put an e-collar on them. I also think the hospital cage set up goes hand in hand with the e collar and the medication.
The packing for a necropsy is also very important to learn too. (sorry, I know I'm not helping any)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Detailed Demonstration   Detailed Demonstration Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Detailed Demonstration
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sweet Spot :: THE SUGAR GROUP :: RRRoundup Information :: 2011 SUGAR Group RRRoundup-
Jump to: