The Sweet Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sweet Spot

INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

uti concerns

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Binkys mom

uti concerns Empty
PostSubject: uti concerns   uti concerns Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 8:23 pm

I have a neutered glider that is 14 months oop. He is prone to UTI's/crystals in urine. Last time we had a problem (which was about 6 months ago) he strained to pee, almost prolapsed his cloaca, had an x-ray (was all clear), and an ultrasound (all clear). I was told to change his diet (as he was fed too much protein) and he started getting better. I switched from 25/25/50 to BML.

Now he's been constipated for a day. I cannot find any canned pumpkin anywhere. I gave him .3 cc of prune baby food at 3pm (5 hrs ago. He's pooped a little, it's smelly, and Binky is kind of smelly, like he farted. I'm worried. Ii want him to see the vet tomorrow - in the morning if he hasn't pooped anymore. He's not peeing too much, either. He's been with me all afternoon and he's going in a hospital cage when I go to bed. I wanted to know if anyone has had to deal with anything like this and any advice.

thanks,

wendy* binky* tink* pixie* and little possum*
Back to top Go down
jen102375

jen102375

uti concerns Empty
PostSubject: Re: uti concerns   uti concerns Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 9:18 pm

I have a boy who gets constipated canned pumpkin is the best, but watermelon also works great or applesauce. You may want to try giving a little cran-apple 2x's a week in a sm shallow dish. I have found it helps with keeping their urin cleaner.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thegliderboutique.com
USMom
Associate
USMom

uti concerns Empty
PostSubject: Re: uti concerns   uti concerns Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 11:16 pm

You can put white paper towels in the cage pan tonight to see if he pee's or poo's. Make sure he has lots of fluids tonight. I used to do 1/2 cran/apple and 1/2 water, and my guys LOVED it. Let us know if he does any better tonight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marykay.com/shawnagrupe
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

uti concerns Empty
PostSubject: Re: uti concerns   uti concerns Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 8:35 am

Many of us have extensive with recurrent UTI and/or constipation.

What were the results of your vet visit?
Back to top Go down
http://gliderpals.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

uti concerns Empty
PostSubject: Re: uti concerns   uti concerns Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

uti concerns
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sweet Spot :: MEDICAL ISSUES & PHYSICAL HEALTH :: Infections (UTI, yeast, pouch, bladder, etc)-
Jump to: