The Sweet Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sweet Spot

INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Our first group project

Go down 
+2
srlb
Something_To_Believe_In
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

Our first group project Empty
PostSubject: Our first group project   Our first group project Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 10:47 pm

Our first group project 890490
So, here is something for us all to get in on.

Here is what I want to do:

I want to compile a checklist/form/flowsheet to utilize in an emergency situation from the time you identify that there is a problem until the time you see the vet. For some of us, this can be hours. For others, it is just minutes. BUT, there are things that we can all do that will make the vet's job easier and perhaps bring a diagnosis faster.

So, I would like to create something that can be included in my manual, can be handed out at the RRRoundup to all participants and can be posted here for community use.

This would include things like
Check for dehydration,
Check eyes
Check ears
Check mobility
Check ability to maintain body heat

That sort of thing. Check it and then quickly make a note for the vet, so that when you get there, you can just rattle them off to the vet (much like EMT personel would to a doctor upon delivering a patient to the ER.)

Does that make sense? If so, then shout out your ideas. Lets get a good comprehensive list of the things you should always check if you find a glider in distress, along with a few tips for stabalizing until you get to the vet. Once we have had a good discussion, I will compile it all into a nice, easy to use format.
Back to top Go down
http://gliderpals.weebly.com/
srlb

srlb

PostSubject: Re: Our first group project   Our first group project Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 10:55 pm

Check coloration of nose, hands and if possible, inside mouth. All should be pink.

Any vomiting?
Any diarrhea or loose stools?
Is the glider urinating ok?
Does the glider seem/feel bloated?
Back to top Go down
http://www.critterlove.com
trigger

trigger

PostSubject: Re: Our first group project   Our first group project Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 7:36 am

Is your glider disoriented or non-responsive.
Back to top Go down
Goldwinger

Goldwinger

PostSubject: Re: Our first group project   Our first group project Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 12:50 am

Any Changes in Eating and Drinking
Any Constipation
Making noises (hissing) while trying to urinate or have a bowl movement
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Our first group project   Our first group project Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 2:20 pm

Well, I have made up a form. Probably not its final version, as after I use it I might tweak it, but I will have them available for everyone that attends the RRRoundup and I'm putting them in my emergency handbook.

If I get really energetic, I might manage to post one here. Don't hold your breath, though.
Back to top Go down
Chris R

Chris R

PostSubject: Re: Our first group project   Our first group project Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Ohhh like the ABC's emts/emergency meds are taught to check first!! Airway, Breathing, Circulation and then you go from there? Thats a cool idea!
Back to top Go down
GliderLove

GliderLove

PostSubject: Re: Our first group project   Our first group project Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 9:51 pm

Where can one get this hand book who was not at the RRR? I have to say Val, this board is VALUABLE and loaded with great information. This is a MUST have in anyone's favorites who has a glider or 10... lol
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Our first group project   Our first group project Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 9:55 pm

The handbook I sell in my store.

The emergency status check list is included in the hand book.

I have a very special price for pretty ladies who let me have wonderful, Dreamy things. :)
Back to top Go down
GliderLove

GliderLove

PostSubject: Re: Our first group project   Our first group project Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 11:28 pm

Ohhh really? Invoice me! LOL fourkids@myclearwave.net
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our first group project   Our first group project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our first group project
Page 1 of 1