The Sweet Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sweet Spot

INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joey oop with an eye injury--Not emergency--

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Snuggiebears

Joey oop with an eye injury--Not emergency-- Empty
PostSubject: Joey oop with an eye injury--Not emergency--   Joey oop with an eye injury--Not emergency-- Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 12:41 am

My joey Treasure was oop on 7-10-15.  When he came oop he had an already healed scratch mark on one side of his face.   Once his eyes opened we discovered that his eye was damaged (I thought it was gone). The vet said he does have an eye on that side, but it does not work.   His pouch mate was cannibalized at the end of June, I found what was left  :(    
We decided that maybe this joey just got in the way while they were after the other joey and I kept a very close eye on the family and the joey and they showed no signs of rejecting.  I did end up having to pull the joey the last day of the SGGA, because Cora Holt (my friend and mentor) and I found bite marks on the good side of his face.  

I would like to know if anyone has seen an eye injury like this in a joey?  Or any glider for that matter.  Treasure has been to the vet 2 times and both times he has been given a great bill of health. Which is great, but my vet just wants to leave it alone.   But I am worried about infection in that eye.  It waters off and on, but its always clear.  I have pictures from oop to today.  If anyone wants to see all of them I will post them.  

Here are a couple of the pictures.  I will have to upload the video I took tonight to youtube, so it may be tomorrow before I can upload it here.  Any experienced input would be appreciated :)

7-10-15 1st day oop  I think this is his bad eye.  
Joey oop with an eye injury--Not emergency-- 7-10-111

8-3-15
Joey oop with an eye injury--Not emergency-- 8-3-1512

8-15-15
Joey oop with an eye injury--Not emergency-- 8-15-111

8-31-15
Joey oop with an eye injury--Not emergency-- 8-31-111
Back to top Go down
Snuggiebears

Joey oop with an eye injury--Not emergency-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joey oop with an eye injury--Not emergency--   Joey oop with an eye injury--Not emergency-- Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 12:51 am

Here are 3 videos.  I slowed down 2 of them because he didn't like the light.  

Now wait how did that last one get in there. Well you can enjoy the cuteness while you look at his eye Joey oop with an eye injury--Not emergency-- 890490
Back to top Go down

Joey oop with an eye injury--Not emergency--
Page 1 of 1