The Sweet Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sweet Spot

INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arthritis

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SuggieG

SuggieG

Arthritis Empty
PostSubject: Arthritis   Arthritis Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 1:28 am

Hello,

I would like to know what you folks do to treat arthritis in your gliders.

My glider's last x-ray came back showing that he has two vertebrae that have fused together that are located near his pelvis. He is still moving ok, but there is a calcified growth that is starting to put some pressure on his nerves. He has some trouble gripping with his hind feet. Still running in his wheel and playing like normal though.

The vet has suggested putting him on Dasuquin. Has anyone had any experience with this, or something else that you can suggest that will help?

Also, any suggestions on modifying his cage?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

Arthritis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthritis   Arthritis Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 9:02 am

We use natural supplements to treat a wide variety of issues in gliders, so I would consider a supplement for arthritis as well. I'd be sure to look into it very closely and to consult with more than one vet before using a formulated supplement such as this, but I would consider it, yes.

If he is moving fine and participating in normal daily activity, then he does not need any cage modifications.
Back to top Go down
http://gliderpals.weebly.com/
SuggieG

SuggieG

Arthritis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthritis   Arthritis Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 11:18 am

I am concerned about the Dasuquin because it contains tea, amongst other things. I had thought about supplementing with glucosamine sulfate, chondroitin, MSM, and/or hyaluronic acid, or some combination of the above. I would appreciate your input on this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Arthritis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthritis   Arthritis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arthritis
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sweet Spot :: MEDICAL ISSUES & PHYSICAL HEALTH :: Other Health & Medical Issues-
Jump to: