The Sweet Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sweet Spot

INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Observation of so called PICKY EATERS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BCChins
Associate
BCChins

Observation of so called PICKY EATERS Empty
PostSubject: Observation of so called PICKY EATERS   Observation of so called PICKY EATERS Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:52 am

I have had gliders for about 8-9 years now and I learn new things about them all the time. Well my latest learning is Gliders are good actors/actresses!

I have had Magoo for 7.5 years. I have always said he was a picky eater. I have been told by more experienced people Observation of so called PICKY EATERS 138546 that they are not picky eaters that they are allowed to be picky eaters by their human's. I think I finally found out this is a true statement.

I get frustrated that he (Magoo) only eats certain fruits and veggies. Well last night he proved me wrong (thank you Magoo). I have been trying different fruits and veggies with the gliders. My other gang you know the glider's who are not often talked about as Magoo is the spoiled one... well they eat just about anything. The last two nights I have been trying a different staple as Magoo stopped eating the staple being fed (probably should have used the advise about to be given). I was finding most of it left in the dish.
So upon placing dinner in the cage the last two days I found the first night no new staple eaten but his favorite fruits and veggies plus a few he has not eaten in the past were gone. Last night no staple eaten but all of his fruits and veggies gone even the ones he does not usually like. AH HA I see my dear Mr. Magoo you will eat things you pretend not to like when something else is added you are not sure of.

The moral of my story is:
Your gliders are probably NOT picky but they are holding out for what they are used to. If the human does not spoil them and give in giving them the fruits and veggies they love they might find the glider will end the hunger strike and eat more of a variety.  The human needs to be the one holding out and I would say put in a small amount of the foods they always eat and a regular portion of the new fruit & veggies. Offer this for several nights and you will be surprised at what they eat when they get hungry. I am also going to offer the new veggies two ways when offering to see which way they like them, steamed and raw. Last night I offered Sweet Potato this way well to my surprise they ate the raw over the steamed.
So stand your ground and I promise they will not starve to death. They are smart enough to hold out for the things they like so they are smart enough to try new things when they get hungry and will not die from starvation. They only way they will starve to death is from illness.

DEAR Mr. Magoo thank you for teaching me what others have been saying to me for a long time!
Back to top Go down
Usha77
MENTOR
Usha77

PostSubject: Re: Observation of so called PICKY EATERS   Observation of so called PICKY EATERS Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 10:41 am

Observation of so called PICKY EATERS 179825  Watch out, Magoo, mama is on to you!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Usha77
Bluebonnet SG

Bluebonnet SG

PostSubject: Re: Observation of so called PICKY EATERS   Observation of so called PICKY EATERS Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 12:42 pm

This is a great thread. Magoo sounds like my 7 year old who is "allergic" to green veggies. He pretends to be itchy and sick when they are even on his plate ;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Observation of so called PICKY EATERS   Observation of so called PICKY EATERS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Observation of so called PICKY EATERS
Page 1 of 1