The Sweet Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sweet Spot

INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for info on "Ick"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SugarsR2Sweet

Looking for info on "Ick" Empty
PostSubject: Looking for info on "Ick"   Looking for info on "Ick" Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 7:48 pm

Looking for information regarding "ick".

I have a joey with a brown underside. Mommy has a UTI. Waiting for pouch culture results to come in...
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Looking for info on "Ick"   Looking for info on "Ick" Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 8:04 pm

I have no personal experience with this to share.
Here is one thread about a joey with the illness: https://thesweetspot.forumotion.net/t1611-unknown-illness-in-joey-mystery-s-story

Otherwise, those who DO have experience have not chosen to share their stories here. Are you active in any of the FB groups where I might put you in touch with Sherri?
Back to top Go down
http://gliderpals.weebly.com/
SugarsR2Sweet

PostSubject: Re: Looking for info on "Ick"   Looking for info on "Ick" Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 8:06 pm

Thanks! I will look at this.

I am friends with Sherri and have chatted a bit with her about it. Also, Nadine. Just really trying to research and learn as much as I can about this...
Back to top Go down
finnessa

finnessa

PostSubject: Re: Looking for info on "Ick"   Looking for info on "Ick" Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 12:07 pm

There is a lot of information shared on LGG. The threads are quite long and in the General Health and Well Being section.
Back to top Go down
Chris R

Chris R

PostSubject: Re: Looking for info on "Ick"   Looking for info on "Ick" Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 7:53 am

Baytril wont touch it.... The best results have been on SMZ-TMP (treating the whole cage) and adding in a good probiotic to their diet like ProBios http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WDGLL0/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=1535523722&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001LQMTE2&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1W2MNDJDV3KRX40AP56S

you dont want to add the ProBios in before freezing their staple, as that will kill alot of the good probiotics.. but sprinkle about 1/4 of a teaspoon over their meal... If joey is still nursing, you will want to supplemental feed at least once a day with milk replacer with just a small pinch of the probiotic powder in it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for info on "Ick"   Looking for info on "Ick" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for info on "Ick"
Page 1 of 1