The Sweet Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sweet Spot

INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Premie Orphan Joey Care

Go down 
+4
BCChins
Usha77
Something_To_Believe_In
Miracle's Mom
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Miracle's Mom

Miracle's Mom

Premie Orphan Joey Care - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premie Orphan Joey Care   Premie Orphan Joey Care - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 1:46 pm

Thank you everyone for your nice words I really appreciate them. I have been able to get some rest this morning after I calmed down from the devastating loss of ♥Miracle♥.... On Thursday I took Miracle to the vet because she was paler then normal and she was in pain every time she went to the bathroom, the vet seemed to think that everything looked good and that Miracle seemed very healthy and alert....On Friday she was still having trouble with going potty...so I called the vet to explain that she was truly in pain every time she had to go...their suggestion was to stimulate her at every other feeding...and last night it seemed to help, but she didn't need me to stimulate her very often she would go on her own....The person I was talking to and who got to meet Miracle a few times was very surprised that she peed so much, she told me that babies did not pee that much ever. It is very hard to come to terms with the thought that there was something wrong internally. I know the vets cannot see everything, I just wish they were more open and actually listened to the pet owner when they say their beloved pet is in pain and acting abnormal...they need to really look into the matter consider all options and address the situation. I would have tried everything to help her feel more comfortable, and get her better...She ate really good at her normal feeding time late last night. I will still share all my experiences and how I did everything to keep Miracle alive and well....I want to also let anyone who is near my location and has any issues with their gliders and has orphans that they can not care for I will be more then happy to take on task to try and save any joeys...I have the time and the patience and the will to try....I will never stop trying. This will help me keep Miracle's legacy alive....Thank you all for your support, I am still looking forward to meeting you at the RRRoundup in march but it will be hard not having Miracle with me for you all to meet........

Miracle's Mom
Heidi

Last edited by Miracle's Mom on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:49 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Usha77
MENTOR
Usha77

PostSubject: Re: Premie Orphan Joey Care   Premie Orphan Joey Care - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 8:43 pm

I am so sorry for your loss, Heidi. You did the very best for Miracle and she was well cared for and loved for her all-too-brief time here. *HUGS*
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Usha77
Miracle's Mom

Miracle's Mom

PostSubject: Re: Premie Orphan Joey Care   Premie Orphan Joey Care - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 11:22 pm

I just posted this on my facebook and I wanted to share my words thank you so much for your support I am so glad to be part of this wonderful community...

I miss my little ♥Miracle♥ she turned my world upside down in a good way, now it feels like this was how I was meant to live my life, taking care of the little fragile soul that graced my life for a short period but left all to quickly...my heart aches but I know she is in a better place away from pain and she is reunited with her sweet mother and her twin brother♥ you never realize how attached to an animal you can get until you experience something like this, I was given the opportunity to save this little life, and she was a survivor she was a very strong little one though she was so fragile. I will do it again in a heartbeat even knowing the outcome knowing the odds are stacked against us...I have never been so attached to another creature that was not my birth child as I am attached to Miracle she was my third child she was my Stewart Little♥ I love you ♥Miracle♥ and will never forget you, you will live on in my memories and of those people who have followed your journey from now on...with your passing I have gained so much knowledge so that I can share and help save more of these wonderful and so sweet creatures...sugar gliders are one of the most wonderful pets I am privileged to be owned by :')
Back to top Go down
bjve
Associate
bjve

PostSubject: Re: Premie Orphan Joey Care   Premie Orphan Joey Care - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 12:36 pm

Oh no....I just saw this. I am SO sorry and sad, Heidi! You were such a wonderful mom to her. Perhaps she was getting you ready for whatever journey lies ahead. You are both in my heart and prayers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.highglass.com
daddyglider

PostSubject: Re: Premie Orphan Joey Care   Premie Orphan Joey Care - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 7:10 am

Heidi:
There may not be a big demand for feeding rejected joeys from breeders(I wouldn't think because of strange smells). I may be wrong on this but we tried helping a breeder in Orlando and first hand I saw the dad toss the baby off of him after I fed him, so the human mom could get some sleep. The dad glider did not start cleaning the baby like he did when the human mom gave baby back to the dad. I/We feel like it was the start of losing the joey.

One thing you might want to look into is squirrel rehab. I know of several local persons to me that every year have baby squirrels that get abandoned and they raise and then release them back into nature.
HTH
Art
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Premie Orphan Joey Care   Premie Orphan Joey Care - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Premie Orphan Joey Care
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2