The Sweet Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sweet Spot

INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Great Fun

Go down 
+4
BCChins
animalloversfb
bjve
rocat
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rocat

Great Fun Empty
PostSubject: Great Fun   Great Fun Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 7:01 pm

I had great fun today, can't wait to get my box of things. I feel like I really know some of you now :) I'm looking forward to next year.
Back to top Go down
bjve
Associate
bjve

Great Fun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Fun   Great Fun Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 7:28 pm

It was great fun...and very informative, too! All the good things in one package :o)
Back to top Go down
http://www.highglass.com
rocat

Great Fun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Fun   Great Fun Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 7:33 pm

Oh yes, I learned alot too. I also have come to apperciate what some people do to help us learn. If I ever win the lottery (and i do play) I've always said I would buy a huge plot and build it to care for animals that noone wants. I would have housing for the people whom I would need to help me run it. I would have a on site vet. Everyone and every critter would be happy and well tended to.
Back to top Go down
animalloversfb

Great Fun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Fun   Great Fun Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 7:47 pm

Did anyone take notes during Dr. Walsh's talk? I'm kicking myself for not being able to attend the whole day and missing it, but would love to hear what he had to say!!!
Back to top Go down
rocat

Great Fun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Fun   Great Fun Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 5:40 am

One thing he discussed was how we can talk our vets to get them to be more open about learning from the community rather than the AVGA or whatever that site is. He did not call names of course. He also talked about medicines currently being used in the glider world. I remember too he talked about how he started with gliders (funny, bless his heart). I'm sure there was more but I was mending a pocket in a pair of jeans for a friend as i was listening and that's all i can spout off the top of my brain.
Back to top Go down
BCChins
Associate
BCChins

Great Fun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Fun   Great Fun Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 8:00 am

A huge Thank You to everyone who makes this gathering possible. No other gathering has made it possible for the people who can not make it to the gathering to come on line and be able to learn and have fun from their home.

THANK YOU

I really enjoyed seeing everyone and listening to Dr. Walsh. He sure is willing to learn,help and treat these amazing critters. Thank You Dr.

See you in person next yr...I have started my Round Up savings account today!
Back to top Go down
bjve
Associate
bjve

Great Fun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Fun   Great Fun Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 8:57 am

I believe they recorded everything, so you may be able to see Dr. Walsh's talk. And I, too, am starting my savings so I can go in person next year!

Thank you, Sugar Group, for such a great gathering and for allowing folks like me to participate from home!

Great Fun 367

P.S. I also sent my vet a copy of the materials, and the link to the new vet info Website. What a wonderful idea!!!

Back to top Go down
http://www.highglass.com
Melindakay

Melindakay

Great Fun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Fun   Great Fun Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 11:23 am

Dang! I missed the whole thing. To many issues this weekend and didn't get time to log in. I KNOW I missed an awesome get together :(
Back to top Go down
http://www.powderedsugargliders.com
sherri

sherri

Great Fun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Fun   Great Fun Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 11:47 pm

If someone taped the whole thing, will we be able to buy a copy through The Sugar Group? I would be interested in buying a copy! I hate that again I had to miss it.
Back to top Go down
USMom
Associate
USMom

Great Fun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Fun   Great Fun Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:57 pm

As the moderator for the online group, I have to say, I really enjoyed all of you! I know I didn't reply much, but the conversations were so entertaining! And everyone was so nice :)
Apparantly I have to work on my auctioneer skills, and plan to work on that this year. So be ready for next!
Back to top Go down
http://www.marykay.com/shawnagrupe
DirtyPaws

DirtyPaws

Great Fun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Fun   Great Fun Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 7:38 pm

And no, I couldn't have done any better than you ~ never done it before! You were doing just fine ~ I was just trying to give you as much product info as I knew if you didn't already. Was glad to see the dollar amounts get as high as they did! Great Fun 971666
Back to top Go down
http://dirtypaws.webs.com/
USMom
Associate
USMom

Great Fun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Fun   Great Fun Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:44 pm

Hahaha! You busted yourself! LOL I love to talk, but am horrible at public speaking! So, I took ZERO offense! It was fun to do, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marykay.com/shawnagrupe
Sponsored content

Great Fun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Fun   Great Fun Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great Fun
Page 1 of 1