The Sweet Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sweet Spot

INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poor Mr. Toodles - Advice Please

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SarahSuggies

Poor Mr. Toodles - Advice Please Empty
PostSubject: Poor Mr. Toodles - Advice Please   Poor Mr. Toodles - Advice Please Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 1:29 am

Tonight during play time I noticed this on his right body...

Poor Mr. Toodles - Advice Please 42531110

It is very pink in color but seems lumpy around the wound. We are going in to see the vet in the morning but I wondered if you had any helpful advice.

My vet is super wonderful and knows basic glider care but has not really had to worry about complicated wound issues as such.

Thank you :)
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

Poor Mr. Toodles - Advice Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Mr. Toodles - Advice Please   Poor Mr. Toodles - Advice Please Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 9:13 am

That one looks like an abscess.

Have it cleaned and then treat with an oral antibiotic (or Convenia, which is way easier) and either QuickDerm or Vetericyn and it will heal up beautifully and without issue. No need to stitch closed (in this case, I absolutely would not) or to bandage. Just keep the cage clean and apply the ointment daily, allowing the wound to dry out in between applications.

This is not a complicated issue. Your vet will do just fine.
For more guidance, the vet can check out this website: http://www.sugarglidervetinfo.com/Common-Treatment-Protocols.html
Back to top Go down
http://gliderpals.weebly.com/

Poor Mr. Toodles - Advice Please
Page 1 of 1