INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Changes noted with good diet

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Skychick3

PostSubject: Re: Changes noted with good diet   Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:32 am

This page just blows my mind. I had no idea that my baby could eat these foods and in whole form versus pureed til val talked to me about a diet change.

Rocky LOVES the new foods. He hears me in the kitchen and clings to a branch watchig me til i give him nibbles lol.

Hes much more energetic and his fur is so much prettier (ok handsome lol dont think HE would appreciate being called pretty although he is one gorgeous fella).

I can sit for hours gazing at him, talking to him, playing with him.

This diet change has really improved his life.

I hope more people will post more recipes to try as it really has helped me in figuring out that he can eat more than just baby foods and nuts.

~ Theresa
Back to top Go down
Skychick3

PostSubject: Re: Changes noted with good diet   Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:34 am

Oh also, I was reading the list of safe fruits and veggies, is there a "DON'T feed them these items" list as well posted anywhere?

Like things that are known to be harmful to watch out for.

Thanks ~ Theresa
Back to top Go down
BindiAndScrubbie

PostSubject: Changes noted with good diet   Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:38 pm

That's great, Theresa. It's cute that he anticipates what you're fixing him. lol
Back to top Go down
http://SpoiledRottenSuggies.com
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate

PostSubject: Re: Changes noted with good diet   Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:53 pm

I have split this and started a new topic so that Teresa can have her questions answered.

The list of items to NOT feed gliders is pretty short. Use common sense - no caffeine, avoid too much sugar, fat and such. No inedible seeds or rinds, but edible ones are fine. Fruits and veggies that should be avoided are few.

(As an aside, Teresa PLEASE check your PM's - you have at least two waiting from me that you have not read yet.)

-----------♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥-----------
~*~ Val ~*~
Passionate = one step down from crazy

We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures - Thornton Wilder

We are what we are, no matter what we might wish to be, or pretend to be. - Dean Koontz in The Face

My favorite color is orange - I'm the normal one.
Back to top Go down
http://gliderpals.weebly.com/
DCMuffin
MENTOR

PostSubject: Re: Changes noted with good diet   Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:53 am

I'm with Val on this one - you'll hear SO much conflicting advice when it comes to diets and what gliders shouldn't have. Use your common sense - for instance, people will tell you that they absolutely cannot have garlic, or onions. Would you REALLY think about cutting up an onion to feed to your gliders for dinner? Would YOU sit down and eat an onion for dinner? I think not. But if you're eating spaghetti with your mom's homemade spaghetti sauce and your glider pops out and takes a lick? It's fine - it's not going to kill them. Everything in moderation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jumpinmonkey.webs.com
Skychick3

PostSubject: Re: Changes noted with good diet   Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:13 pm

Thats what i wondered lol, Rocky comes out at dinner every night and i know hes smelling it lol. I also feed him at that time. I didnt know if the occasional lap of table food would be harmful or if there was a list of items they are totally species wide allergic too or are harmful that has to be strayed from.

~ Theresa
Back to top Go down
DCMuffin
MENTOR

PostSubject: Re: Changes noted with good diet   Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:48 am

Every once in a while, a little taste of something isn't going to hurt. :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.jumpinmonkey.webs.com
JPCox

PostSubject: Re: Changes noted with good diet   Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:39 am

Here's a thought. We all are concerned with our gliders' diet and usually use one of the many out there, but do you eat just Italian, Chinese, German, or any other main diet plan? I doubt it. Wouldn't it make sense to use a variety of the various "healthy" glider diets for our lovelies? Just a thought I wanted to throw out there.
Back to top Go down
Skychick3

PostSubject: Re: Changes noted with good diet   Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:44 pm

Wow, you're right, we don't eat just one line of food. But I don't know about mixing theirs, isn't it kinda like with dogs and cats, they eat the same kibble their whole life? Although I admit, my chihuahua LOVES chicken so iI cheat and give him some every time I make it for my family lol. I do the same for Rocky as he loves his chicken too lol. I would love to know that as well, if mixing different diets is something we should do. I am using the Priscilla Price diet so Rocky does get a variety but I also feel like I am making him a frozen / thawed t.v. dinner each night and have wondered whether or not I should be adding more to it.

~ Theresa
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate

PostSubject: Re: Changes noted with good diet   Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:55 pm

You should not feed a different diet plan each night. The diet plans are formulated to provide a balanced, nutritious diet across a length of time. If you want to change things each night, then choose a diet plan that allows for that type of variety.

-----------♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥-----------
~*~ Val ~*~
Passionate = one step down from crazy

We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures - Thornton Wilder

We are what we are, no matter what we might wish to be, or pretend to be. - Dean Koontz in The Face

My favorite color is orange - I'm the normal one.
Back to top Go down
http://gliderpals.weebly.com/
Skychick3

PostSubject: Re: Changes noted with good diet   Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:11 pm

Thats what i thought. I just on occasion add a fruit or vegggie or a bit of chicken as a treat so to speak instead of changing what he normally gets. I feel like its a frozen food meal, but he loves it and it has what he needs. Its proven by how he looks and i know he feels better as he is much more active since i came to this group and changed his entire diet. Like day and night difference all for the good.

Thanks much for the info.

~ Theresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes noted with good diet   

Back to top Go down

Changes noted with good diet
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1