The Sweet Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sweet Spot

INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange! Empty
PostSubject: Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange!   Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 2:03 pm

Time to sign up for the gift exchange!!!!

I will be administrating this exchange, and might be participating.

To register, PM ME the following information:

NAME
SCREEN NAME
SHIPPING ADDRESS
ANY ALLERGIES OR PRODUCTS YOU DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE?
EMAIL ADDRESS
ARE YOU WILLING TO SHIP INTERNATIONALLY?
NUMBER AND TYPE OF PETS IN YOUR HOME:

RESCUE FAMILY FIRST CHOICE:
RESCUE FAMILY 2ND CHOICE:

RULES AND GUIDELINES ARE POSTED IN THE GIFT EXCHANGE FORUM AND APPLY TO ALL GIFT EXCHANGES!

Deadline to register for the gift exchange: FRIDAY, APRIL 15, 2011

Deadline for shipping gifts: SATURDAY, MAY 28, 2011 (Which is Memorial Day Weekend)

DO NOT FORGET TO GET DELIVERY CONFIRMATION AND/OR TRACKING NUMBERS!

And please be sure to go to the Wish lists thread and post your wish list. Rescue wish lists (if they have one) will be sent with the buddy names and such.

******** Please Note: There are TWO different lists of rescue families to choose from - those that are available for adoption and those that cannot be placed for adoption. You may choose from one or both lists. It is entirely up to you. ************

Rescue homes asked to participate in this exchange include:
thefotokat/SESG Rescue & Sanctuary
Mary & Charlie
JacknSally/Nancy
Kingdom Kritters/ Val
TerieK

ADOPTABLE GLIDER FAMILIES
These are gliders that are currently available for adoption or will be available for adoption once their quarantine or treatment time is completed.

Annie, Oakley, Crockett & BooneChapter & Series
Buddy, Zoey, Nakia, & Lexi
Grin & Barrett
Spirit, Agape & Cafe
Gummy Bear & Jelly Bean
Titan & Athena
Flounder, Tilapia, Mahi & Guppy

GLIDERS THAT WILL STAY AT RESCUE HOME
These are gliders that have come into the rescue system and the rescue home has committed to providing their medical or behavioral care for the remainder of their lives. These gliders have unusual or severe issues that will require special treatment or care for the remainder of their lives. Yes, the rescuer falls in love with them, and YES, they do become pets. These gliders are a financial strain on the rescue home, but each rescue home has voluntarily accepted that responsibility. We provide this explanation for you to assist you in making your choice.

Wicket, Wombat, Amos and Andy: These boys came in a home where they were allowed to roam free in a bedroom along with 9 other gliders. Many were injured from fighting and they have never learned to love people and become panicked when subjected to seeing strange people. All have had recurring dental problems

Mocha & Java - Mocha has a severe seizure disorder. Java has an open wound that is finally healing after 2.5 + years.

Daiquiri & Jackie Chan
- Daiquiri has significant neurological issues. Jackie Chan is paralyzed.

Dewey and Ludo: Dewey came from a mill breeder and was only 15 grams when purchased. That wonderful family nursed him to health and got him a friend, but decided they could not keep them. They were surrendered to me under the promise of it being forever. Dewey continues to have neurological issues which worsen in times of stress

Cinnamon, Toast & Diesel - Cinnamon and Diesel struggle with repeated facial abscesses. Toast has severe anxiety.

Cheddar
- Cheddar has ongoing periodontal issues stemming from Scurvy and must live alone because he is a carrier for disease which is passed on to every cage mate he has had.

Holly and Gibbs: Gibbs came here as a terrified guy. He had been kept in a garage (not a good thing here in sunny and hot Florida) and his only human contact was to be put on display when the owner was entertaining. He's come out of his shell quite a bit, but needs a lot of consistency to avoid stress. He loves his Holly, who has a history of sm and recently lost an eye due to an infection.

Nugget & Chowder - Nugget has mobility issues stemming from a broken hip that healed improperly. He is prone to falling. He also has a significant pattern of hair loss on his tail and back legs for which we can currently find no cause.

Doodlebug and Sniglet: Now over 11 years old, this brother and sister is still holding on. Doodlebug lost an eye to a severe facial abcess upon arrival and they're both having some difficulty with mobility at this point. I am in the process of modifying their cage to prevent injuries and falls while still giving them enrichment opitons. They will be moving into a reptarium to reduce height and give more floor space since that's where they feel safer. They love the ferret tepees or cubes for sleeping as well as big hammocks. They now need toys that can be enjoyed while sitting in the safety of a roomy hammock or on the floor.

Last edited by Something_To_Believe_In on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:09 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://gliderpals.weebly.com/
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange!   Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 8:55 pm

Gift exchange participants (if I missed your name, be sure to let me know)
__________________________________________________________________________________

Kylah (kyro298)/ Gummy Bear & Jelly Bean

Karen (sugeebaby)/ Mocha & Java

Sara (WintersSong)/ Buddy, Zoey, Lexi & Nakia

Alicia (QueenDuck) / Titan & Athena

Finnessa / Daiquiri & Jackie Chan

Celeste (SpoonFullofSugar) / Cheddar

Shelly (GliderNursery) / Flounder, Tilapia, Mahi & Guppy

Val (STBI) / Wicket, Wombat, Amos and Andy

Last edited by Something_To_Believe_In on Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:41 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
finnessa

finnessa

PostSubject: Re: Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange!   Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 11:51 am

YAY I love me some Jackie Chan Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange! 583745
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange!   Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 3:30 pm

Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange! 367
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange!   Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Only 6 more days to sign up for the gift exchange! Don't miss out on the fun!
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange!   Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 6:37 pm

Only 2 more days to sign up!!
Back to top Go down
cyndiekb

cyndiekb

PostSubject: Re: Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange!   Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 9:17 pm

Val I am not going to sign up but I want rescues so I am waiting to see who is left :)
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange!   Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 12:24 pm

Okies. All buddys have been assigned and those particpating should have gotten your buddy today! Yay!

Please remember to have your gifts shipped out before May 28!!!

Now, I've got to get busy. My buddy is going to be spoiled! But, because my rescue family is sick of things I make, I'm going to be placing a fun order for them soon!!!!
Back to top Go down
cyndiekb

cyndiekb

PostSubject: Re: Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange!   Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 2:14 pm

Val can I get the wish list for these gliders please

Annie, Oakley, Crockett & Boone
and
Doodlebug and Sniglet
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange!   Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange! Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 8:10 am

Just a reminder - there are only 11 more days to get your gifts out to your buddy and rescue family!
Back to top Go down
queenduck

queenduck

PostSubject: Re: Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange!   Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange! Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 4:27 pm

Mocha and Java, I am so sorry I forgot about you :(

I've been out of state visiting a friend but I promise when I get off of work Monday I'll chop chop and find something just for you.
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange!   Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange! Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Mocha and Java say you are forgiven.

Just a reminder to everyone - gift exchange gifts must be shipped by this weekend. Thanks guys!!!!
Back to top Go down
WintersSong

WintersSong

PostSubject: Re: Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange!   Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange! Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 7:09 pm

My gifts went out today.

I forgot to enclose a note with either -- but, if you get a package of glider stuff (that you didn't order) with no note, it's from me.
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange!   Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange! Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:15 pm

Gift should have been shipped by now, so by the end of the week, everyone should have their new goodies! Yay! Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange! 319248 Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange! 261335 :yay:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange!   Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time to Sign up for the Spring Gift Exchange!
Page 1 of 1