The Sweet Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sweet Spot

INFORMATION concerning sugar glider health and husbandry matters

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ivey's medical condition.

Go down 
+2
Something_To_Believe_In
sherri
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sherri

sherri

Ivey's medical condition.   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ivey's medical condition.    Ivey's medical condition.   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 1:10 pm

When I dropped Kudzu and Ivey off this morning at their babysitters (vet's office) I asked my vet about yeast infection (something that was brought up to my attention) and she had said that she didn't see any yeast under the slide. She also had said that she didn't see any rods under the slide. I know I am not at all knowledgeable in these medical things and I dont remember exactly what she had said but the fact that she didnt see any was a good thing too.

My vet is such a wonderful woman and is so baffled by Ivey that she has been thinking non stop about her and trying to put the puzzle together. She told me this morning that she woke up for no apparant reason at about 1:30 this morning thinking about Ivey and wanted to call me to see how she was doing. I told her she could have, I was still awake. :)

It makes me feel so good knowing that my vet genuinely cares alot about Ivey and me to worry just as much as she has been. I know Ivey is in the best possible hands with my vet and that she will do whatever she can for her.
Back to top Go down
sherri

sherri

PostSubject: Re: Ivey's medical condition.    Ivey's medical condition.   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:11 am

Well night number 2 and all is still well. Her and Kudzu have not attempted to do anything to the sites, I'm not sure if she is even cleaning them herself thats how good they look. Her pouch looks a little wetter than it has been. But she is still eating good, not gaining any weight but not losing any more either. She's still active (a little more so I think) and is has been taking her antibiotics and pain meds like a good girl.

Also, and I know its only been a couple of days but it doesnt look like the lumps have started filling back up. They're still hard but don't look any bigger than when I brought her back home monday afternoon. And I just looked at her pouch and the fluid that is coming out is clear. Don't know what that means, but I think thats a good thing?
Back to top Go down
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Ivey's medical condition.    Ivey's medical condition.   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:20 pm

clear fluid is better than green or red fluid, but worse than no fluid. So, yes, pretty good!

Many, many gliders never mess with incision sites. It is a myth that they all go after them. I tell people all the time that I have never put a glider in an e-collar after a tail amputation. I have not needed to. None of the gliders here have ever messed with their tail after the source of the discomfort was removed. I also don't remove gliders from their cage mates when they have wounds unless I just HAVE TO. So, there is a lot of precedent for your little ones. I'm willing to bet neither of them will ever mess with the sites. That is a good thing. They really sound like precious gliders. Wish I was there to give them kisses and mealies.
Back to top Go down
http://gliderpals.weebly.com/
sherri

sherri

PostSubject: Re: Ivey's medical condition.    Ivey's medical condition.   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 12:53 am

This thing with Ivey is such a rollercoaster, I have no idea what to think anymore. At times something is a good sign and other times it seems hopeless. Her pouch is bulging & hard, whatever's in there takes up almost half her pouch, then you got to wonder about the lump at the top of her pouch and the 2 on her chest. On the plus side I guess, the 2 on her chest and the one on top of her pouch don't look any different.

Praying the results come back SOON! So I know what we're dealing with.
Back to top Go down
sherri

sherri

PostSubject: Re: Ivey's medical condition.    Ivey's medical condition.   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 12:16 am

I took these tonight after work about an hour ago. Just wanted to show a progress report with pics. Or lack of progress. This is 3 full days after her biopsy and 3 1/2 days of antibiotics. I also called the vet this afternoon to see if her report came in yet and no it hasnt.

Ivey's medical condition.   - Page 2 IveyJackRakastaa008

Ivey's medical condition.   - Page 2 IveyJackRakastaa007

Ivey's medical condition.   - Page 2 IveyJackRakastaa006
Back to top Go down
sherri

sherri

PostSubject: Re: Ivey's medical condition.    Ivey's medical condition.   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 3:39 pm

Ivey does have cancer. Adenocarcinoma to be exact. Here is her biopsy report.

https://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r63/newby_04/Iveys%20Medical%20Documents/

We are still waiting on the c&s results to come back on her pouch. If her pouch comes back as bacterial or fungal then we will treat her pouch and do surgery to remove the cancer out of her chest. If the test comes back clear that its not bacterial or fungal then we won't do anything else to Ivey and just let her carry on as long as she is not ill. At which time she becomes ill we will help her across the rainbow bridge.
Back to top Go down
USMom
Associate
USMom

PostSubject: Re: Ivey's medical condition.    Ivey's medical condition.   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 8:49 pm

Sherri, that stinks (worse words in my head). At least you have some options. My heart is with you right now. Love to you and your babies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marykay.com/shawnagrupe
Something_To_Believe_In
Associate
Something_To_Believe_In

PostSubject: Re: Ivey's medical condition.    Ivey's medical condition.   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 9:02 pm

Thank you for sharing the results, Sherri. I'm just so sorry they were not better.
Back to top Go down
http://gliderpals.weebly.com/
BCChins
Associate
BCChins

PostSubject: Re: Ivey's medical condition.    Ivey's medical condition.   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 8:04 am

(((hugs))) I am sorry and please lean on us we will help you get though this.
Back to top Go down
Usha77
MENTOR
Usha77

PostSubject: Re: Ivey's medical condition.    Ivey's medical condition.   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 6:54 pm

I am so sorry, Sherri. I did not want to hear that. She sounds like a very strong girl and a fighter, I hope she has a very long time of great health with you. *hugs*
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Usha77
sherri

sherri

PostSubject: Re: Ivey's medical condition.    Ivey's medical condition.   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Thank you all so much for the thoughts and prayers. It means alot to Ivey and me for the kind words.

I got the C&S results back from the vet today and it turns out that her pouch also has cancer in it. There isn't anything left to do now but love on her and both of us take things day by day.

I will keep everybody updated on how she is doing as often as I can.
Back to top Go down
sherri

sherri

PostSubject: Re: Ivey's medical condition.    Ivey's medical condition.   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 9:21 pm

Thought I would update everyone on how Ivey is doing.

She is still acting normally, eating well and this morning she woke up to get her morning yogi's before I went to work, so I thought I would snap a few pics. She looks a little rough from the underside but doesn't seem to let it bother her at all!

Ivey's medical condition.   - Page 2 Tinkertotmomojackiveylogan023
Ivey's medical condition.   - Page 2 Tinkertotmomojackiveylogan021
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ivey's medical condition.    Ivey's medical condition.   - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ivey's medical condition.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sweet Spot :: MEDICAL ISSUES & PHYSICAL HEALTH :: Cancer/ Tumors-
Jump to: